Lefkas liveaboard costs

lefkasman

Visit site
want me to email you a scan of the article? Its about wintering in Lefkas marina - folk on a motor yacht called Bobble.

Thanks for the offer, but I know that couple quite well, didn't know that Debbi had gotten another article published in the PBO though, she previously had one published about a couple of years ago that told of their trip over here in their boat Bobble that was very interesting, so perhaps I will make a capital investment and purchase the magazine or maybe I will get lucky and find one laying around in the yacht club :rolleyes:

H

highandry

With Mollyoxford as ship's cook you wouldn't mate, you'd soon be so skinny you'd be in danger of slipping down the cockpit drains. :D :D :D

mollyoxford

Visit site
lol! Well, got to live up to the Scottish reputation after all ;-). I could go through that £55 in a weekend too if I let myself - I am a big eater (but yes, skinny).

I like cooking and don't eat anything ready-made (that I can think of). Having a fondness for porridge helps, dirt cheap brekkie at 58p a kilo from Tesco. Bag lasts all week. Pancakes on Saturdays. I do a lot of soups and big stews. Plenty veg and meat/fish/beans. Frozen veg is most cost-effective - no good on a boat though. Salad, fruit and nuts are the pricer items, but got to be done. Bread/pasta doesn't agree with either of us (especially combined with cheese, gives me stomach ache from hell) so there's none of that. Rice occasionally as I am not fond of it and you have to be careful on the reheating. Would you believe that I've now got into making my own yoghurt (after a few false starts).

Don't eat biccies or crisps or the like - make puds sometimes, got weakness for jellybabies and bombay mix so we have a few of those. Don't like/drink coke/lemonande/fruit juice, just tea/water....

As I said, I don't drink (anymore), and he never has more than one or 2 beers or a whisky and that not every night or anything like it. Helps a lot.

I'll post all of our summer cruise expenses once it's over - maybe it'd be interesting reading. (fingers crossed for the Baltic, but ya never know)

charles_reed

Visit site
Even allowing for the recent fall in the value of th £ Greek inflation has been way above anywhere else as a consequence of joining the Euro. Even in Euro terms prices have roughly doubled since joining the currency.

I'm sure you're not citing the € for Greek inflation, (unless you're prepared to detail the mechanism) but exactly the same has happened in Italy.

It has more to do with national expectations, IMHO, in previous dirty-floating economies.