kent M/S head lining

G

I recently bought a Kent M/S and need to cheer it up. The Cabin head lining looks reasonable, and can be painted with Vynl as per previousForum suggestions. However in the head, and on some parts of the Cabin, it looks as if this is just overpaintedfibre glass mat. I have no idea if it was like this from new, but I would like to improve the appearance.Any ideas please? David

G

David,

Our 30-foot M/Boat has some headlining fitted in the loo and main cabin, however this is non-standard and most of it’s breed simply have the bare GRP showing, with a coat of paint various, over the years.

There are several makes of anti-condensation paint (cork filled?) which you can buy to reduce damp & mildew, which will disguise the GRP matt if that’s what you want to do? Otherwise leave well alone?

Our headlining is falling off now and I am having to replace this at £11 per metre, plus the hassle of removing 25-year-old “Evo-Stick” and the remaining foam backing, which is not a pleasant task!

Some years ago, I lined the inside of an old MiniVan with “Flocking(?)” which was thick fibres bound up in wallpaper paste, this was spread over the roof with a trowel. When it eventually dried, it looked very good indeed, but I’ve neither seen it recently, not would imagine the glue would last well on water.

Good luck! CRB

G

Thanks your reply.The fibre glass has already been overpainted, but it has cracked in parts and looks poor.The RYA are advising not to overpaintif possible view fire risk, so I think I will try paint stripper and then when cleaned off, try some anti condensation paint as per your suggestion. Many thanks again David

Other threads that may be of interest