Kad44p with edc fly by wire control shifting issues

Lenny on the swan

Visit site
Hi all. New here hoping someone might be able to help. Thanks in advance.
I have a 2000 seasport navigator 2700 with single volvo kad44p deisel engine. Boat is equipped with 3 helms. Cockpit rear helm and fly bridge with edc fly by wire controls.
My issue is that when running it will start flashing diagnostic button. When I slow down stop it will not go into neutral. Lever goes to neutral however the props still driving. It will not display neutral light as normally supposed to. When I shut the boat off after several minutes and restart everything operates as normal. But not for very long problem persists once boat starts pulling power again.

Lenny on the swan

Visit site
I have a 2000 seasport navigator 2700 with single volvo kad44p deisel engine. Boat is equipped with 3 helms. Cockpit rear helm and fly bridge with edc fly by wire controls.
My issue is that when running it will start flashing diagnostic button. When I slow down stop it will not go into neutral. Lever goes to neutral however the props still driving. It will not display neutral light as normally supposed to. When I shut the boat off after several minutes and restart everything operates as normal. But not for very long problem persists once boat starts pulling power again.
I’ve read good things about volvopaul on here. Please help sir lol. Any help would be appreciated

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
You have a shift actuator problem sounds like the plastic gears are worn and most likely the shift cable is partially seized causing the shift motor not to run correctly.

Lenny on the swan

Visit site
You have a shift actuator problem sounds like the plastic gears are worn and most likely the shift cable is partially seized causing the shift motor not to run correctly.
I was wondering if that could be the problem. What is misleading to me is why does it start working again once all power has been turned off and back on? Bad connection to the shift actuator motor?

Lenny on the swan

Visit site
Thank you Paul. I will dig into this and see where I get
Hi Paul i did manage to remove shifting actuator today. Have taken it apart and to my surprise it is in very good shape inside. Plastic gears / electrical connections everything looks clean and functional.
I did however find the cable very sticky/ seized. Hopefully a new cable will fix me up.
Appreciate the help thank you sir!

Lenny on the swan

Visit site
Hi Paul i did manage to remove shifting actuator today. Have taken it apart and to my surprise it is in very good shape inside. Plastic gears / electrical connections everything looks clean and functional.
I did however find the cable very sticky/ seized. Hopefully a new cable will fix me up.
Hi Paul.
I have replaced the cable as well as put a new shifting actuator in
Once I completed this everything functions as it should as best I could tell without running the boat as it’s out of water at the moment.
Tonight I had batteries disconnected to do some connection cleaning ect.
When i went to test it I’m getting diagnostic code 5.4 again noticed the new shift actuator is not doing its shuttle when power is introduced. It was working fine last night. Only thing I did today was disconnected batteries. Fuses are all ok wiring connections are all ok
Any ideas of what my issue might be now?

Lenny on the swan

Visit site

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Hi Paul.
I have replaced the cable as well as put a new shifting actuator in
Once I completed this everything functions as it should as best I could tell without running the boat as it’s out of water at the moment.
Tonight I had batteries disconnected to do some connection cleaning ect.
When i went to test it I’m getting diagnostic code 5.4 again noticed the new shift actuator is not doing its shuttle when power is introduced. It was working fine last night. Only thing I did today was disconnected batteries. Fuses are all ok wiring connections are all ok
Any ideas of what my issue might be now?
Check the fuse by the starter motor