Is this "Practical Boat" enough...

ThreeSummers

Visit site
Is this \"Practical Boat\" enough...

Wow, what a lovely Easter weekend...

Pulled old the tent cover off (leaking) and replaced it with a new one (non-leaking) (and took a piccie from upstairs between changeover) and have managed just a wee bit more building on the tub:

DSC_0710_TentOff.jpg

Finished the berths and now ready to start adding a deck to the thing!

Me, happy?

Click below if you want to see more pics...

JKay

Visit site
Re: Is this \"Practical Boat\" enough...

Looking great /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cheers Joe

G

Does the workmate stay ? Or are you building around it and then need to dismantle it to remove ?

Only kidding ..... very nice job it looks ... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ThreeSummers

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
What did you make the tent frame from, it looks good.

ps the boat looks good as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

The tent's actually a "car port." I tried a cheapy "gazebo" at the beginning, but it wasn't waterprooof enough, so had to get something more sturdy.

Got it from a company called Dancover (based in Denmark) and when I e-mailed them to say it was leaking, they sent me a new cover, no charge. Good service.

Thanks for the nice comments - it's been a long job (started April '05), but it looks like I'm getting there now.

ThreeSummers

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Have you left limber holes in the bulkheads...

[/ QUOTE ]

Short answer, no. All the surfaces under the sole are sealed with glass/epoxy and all the cavities are filled with polyurethane foam. This is one of the recommendations of the design, although they do say you can go the hollow/limber-hole route too; builder's choice.

This is the mid-section foamed and sanded. Mmmm, sanding. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

DSC_6708_MidSoleFoamed.jpg

I liked the idea of any potential hole in the hull not letting the boat fill with water. It took me a long time to decide which way to go...

Sixpence

Visit site

Excellent piece of workmanship , and I like the foam idea , what did you use ? the expanding foam in a spray would work out pretty expensive I'd have thought

ThreeSummers

Visit site

It's a two part mix 'n' pour foam - expands really quickly and is very stiff when cured. Guessing about 60 quid's worth (20-25 kg's in total). I could only do small bits at a time - the fumes a a bit overpowering to say the least...