Votes: 275 50.8%
  • OUT

Votes: 266 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
All depends on what you mean by a trade deal, if you mean buying for example a replacement to trident or any other commodity that will be between the 2 governments or in other cases the buyer and seller, .

Yes, the Trident and it's successor is a special case under the 1950's common agreement treaty between US and UK. The UK, under Cameron, has formed a nuclear weapon cooperation and exchange of certain related technologies with France, but nothing like the extend of the cooperation that exists between US and UK.

I wished we had the same cooperation and exchange of information in the yachting industry to encourage UK manufacturing of yachts again.

fergie_mac66

Visit site
I was intrigued to read about this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36120560 (I actually read about it first in the German press and then went and found the BBC coverage) - seems to have gotten little mention in the UK. I'm not sure it has any relevance to in or out but I was very surprised by it. The TTIP does seem a rather strange deal and there is some concern in the media about it http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html even if the comments about secrecy are somewhat dubious. It's not normal to show one's hand in negotiations so I wouldn't expect anything except the overall aim of the negotiations to be public.

Having read the Independent's column (which I trust about as far as I could throw a politician) it would go some way to explaining Obama's vehement support though, as well as that of the large US corporations.

Yes the sheep out there are beginning to sense what is happening in their name .Yesterday in Hanover the Germans were protesting about Barak Obama visiting them to tell them TTIP is good for them .Strange he was saying that to us . The voice of the Piper of Hamlyn come to call . Barak Obama, Clinton, treasury secretaries , all together as one , telling us we must not leave the EU ,with veiled threat. Then they are on their merry way to say the same to Germany . Meanwhile, they are saying they want TTIP wrapped up quickly , Americans, politicaly only ever have self-interest in mind, a self evident truth. What he is not saying is "its very very very good for us Americans we can grow at your expense".
When ever I hear TTIP, I hear a voice in the back of my mind , act in haste repent at leisure .No doubt there will be a few European pockets lined at our cost.

The dutch are protesting

http://www.euractiv.com/section/trade-society/news/dutch-voters-now-demanding-referendum-on-ttip/

If we dont leave the EU we will be enmeshed in TTIP forever and children , grandchildren will be dancing to the pipers tune.

You would havehad difficulty finding it on sheep tv

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36120560

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
Yes the sheep out there are beginning to sense what is happening in their name .Yesterday in Hanover the Germans were protesting about Barak Obama visiting them to tell them TTIP is good for them .Strange he was saying that to us . The voice of the Piper of Hamlyn come to call . Barak Obama, Clinton, treasury secretaries , all together as one , telling us we must not leave the EU ,with veiled threat. Then they are on their merry way to say the same to Germany . Meanwhile, they are saying they want TTIP wrapped up quickly , Americans, politicaly only ever have self-interest in mind, a self evident truth. What he is not saying is "its very very very good for us Americans we can grow at your expense".
When ever I hear TTIP, I hear a voice in the back of my mind , act in haste repent at leisure .No doubt there will be a few European pockets lined at our cost.

The dutch are protesting

http://www.euractiv.com/section/trade-society/news/dutch-voters-now-demanding-referendum-on-ttip/

If we dont leave the EU we will be enmeshed in TTIP forever and children , grandchildren will be dancing to the pipers tune.

You would havehad difficulty finding it on sheep tv

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36120560

The TTIP will increase competitiveness and efficiency; for example, will reduce the cost of medicines and will reduce the power of the conglomerate companies.

Horace

N/A
Visit site
There is no doubt more people equals a bigger economy which is why George plans to let in 3m more immigrants. The problem is GDP per head is going down which is why most people feel worse off. The other problem is with 3m more people arriving cultural differences will continue to grow, the immigrant population will hold the balance of power and worse of all they will need to concert over the greenbelt to accommodate that number of houses.

I vote out, we need to reduce the population so that we can start to move around the country more easily. Fewer people means cheaper houses, more gdp per head free parking and a higher quality of life. We are currently building the worse housing stock in the western world with the smallest dwelling space per person. We need to set minimum levels of square footage to improve the housing stock.. All properties should be a minimum of 70sqm.

I finally plumped for out for very much the same reasons.My greatest interest in life is Nature & I've watched it systematically destroyed throughout my lifetime. All we are hearing now is babel babel babbling over economics by people that seem to know the price of everything & the value of nothing.
I even think an out vote could reinvigorate our independent spirit.It's time we became our own masters again not just sheep. :encouragement:

fergie_mac66

Visit site
Question for the house

There was no trade deal UK-US in 1973.,Has there ever been a formal trade deal with the USA????? Does anybody definitively know. Have we ever had a deal since 1776?

Retired in Crete

Visit site
At long last, a sensible statement from a politician!
"Theresa May today admitted Britain would flourish outside the EU but urged voters to stay in the Brussels club because it would make us safer from the threat terrorism."

"She listed a host of reasons why it was 'nonsense' to suggest the UK was too small to cope outside the EU - a different approach to David Cameron, George Osborne and others, who refuse to say there would be any positives from leaving."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Brussels-club-protect-against-terrorists.html

John

fergie_mac66

Visit site
At long last, a sensible statement from a politician!
"Theresa May today admitted Britain would flourish outside the EU but urged voters to stay in the Brussels club because it would make us safer from the threat terrorism."

"She listed a host of reasons why it was 'nonsense' to suggest the UK was too small to cope outside the EU - a different approach to David Cameron, George Osborne and others, who refuse to say there would be any positives from leaving."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Brussels-club-protect-against-terrorists.html

John

Quite interesting so inview of both the head of MI6 and the head of the CIA both saying we would be safer out she and her saying we would flourish out of the EU
She has mad the case for Brexit.

.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...d-help-our-security-former-mi6-chief-suggest/...........................................................................................................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35898255

Cut the "BS in Europe" .Vote Leave.

Last edited:

Daydream believer

Visit site
How would you set about reducing the population?
Natural wastage ie some going home when they find they can no longer ponce free NHS or welfare state
Some having had free education going home to be brain surgeons etc or show the others how to make the goods we make but cheaper
Some just going home because they miss their pet donkey & tin hut
Some just dying off !!
Some , having made a modest sum here, going home to live like lords in their homelands

Last edited:

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
Natural wastage ie some going home when they find they can no longer ponce free NHS or welfare state
Some having ad free education going home to be brain surgeons etc or show the others how to make the goods we make but cheaper
Some just going home because they miss their pet donkey & tin hut
Some just dying off !!
Some , having made a modest sum here, going home to live like lords in their homelands

Lets make the argument relevant to the Yachting community again; what is going to happen to over 2 million Brits who have migrated to one of the EU countries, permanently or temporarily, many of which are employed directly or indirectly in the yachting industry supporting their families that are likely to live in these countries too.

How is it going to affect them; should they be kicked out of these countries?; be stigmatised as parasitic immigrants? or carry on regardless to what people around them think? Is our Yachting hoby going to suffer?

Last edited:

nortada

Visit site
Lets make the argument relevant to the Yachting community again; what is going to happen to over 2 million Brits who have migrated to one of the EU countries, permanently or temporarily, many of which are employed directly or indirectly in the yachting industry supporting their families that are likely to live in these countries too.

How is it going to affect them; should they be kicked out of these countries?; be stigmatised as parasitic immigrants? or carry on regardless to what people around them think? Is our Yachting hoby going to suffer?

Didn't have these problems before the EU, when money in the pocket and the capacity to spend opened most doors.

If The Algarve is anything to go by, ejecting the Brit expat community would result in economic ruin so won't happen.

Even making the incomers feel unwelcome would result in a dramatic reduction in tourism and be extremely damaging to their economy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.