Votes: 266 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxi77

Visit site

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
Farage is now more trusted than Cameron according to the latest poll!

Not surprising really when he is the only one who tells the truth!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...more-trusted-David-Cameron-YouGov-poll-Brexit

John

The Daily Express newspaper is the official financial backer of UKIP, so you don't expect them to say otherwise, do you?. It is also read predominately by people of certain age (55 and above) and of certain dogmatic ideology.

We are UK citizens but above all we are responsible World citizens, living in one planet, utilizing finite resources and whether we like it or not, we are part of Europe, biologically and otherwise. We need to help to put Europe right by exerting influence from within. Isolation is only acceptable to the older generation and to the extremist.

Anyway, I still want to know, whether the referendum is going to affect our common interest which is Yachting.

fergie_mac66

Visit site
The Daily Express newspaper is the official financial backer of UKIP, so you don't expect them to say otherwise, do you?. It is also read predominately by people of certain age (55 and above) and of certain dogmatic ideology.

We are UK citizens but above all we are responsible World citizens, living in one planet, utilizing finite resources and whether we like it or not, we are part of Europe, biologically and otherwise. We need to help to put Europe right by exerting influence from within. Isolation is only acceptable to the older generation and to the extremist.

Anyway, I still want to know, whether the referendum is going to affect our common interest which is Yachting.

It is not possible to change the system from within the EU none of the members can change it. They can all dismiss it if they agree they never will but all they can do is name new commissioners
However forget the express. Nobody trusts Cameron or Osborne but nobody trusts Corbyn now he changed his life long beliefs a few weeks before he got the nomination to get the power. Clegg or the new bloke whatever his name is.
Who else ken livingstone Boris Gove. There's only farage and his followers trust him. Who do you trust

Last edited:

Kelpie

Visit site
It is not possible to change the system from within the EU none of the members can change it. They can all dismiss it if they agree they never will but all they can do is name new commissioners
However forget the express. Nobody trusts Cameron or Osborne but nobody trusts Corbyn now he changed his life long beliefs a few weeks before he got the nomination to get the power. Clegg or the new bloke whatever his name is.
Who else ken livingstone Boris Gove. There's only farage and his followers trust him. Who do you trust

I hate to think how incomprehensible this post was before you edited it :)

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
Just as a piece of anecdotal evidence: from the perspective of my area of business (finance) it would be fair to say that DC has achieved all that could be expected. In fact it is hard to argue that London would be economically better off out. Naturally that does not answer the sovereignty question though, which at the end of the day is what this is all about.

It's hard to argue anything when no one's actually agreed anything for us to argue about... :ambivalence:

Daydream believer

Visit site
One thing in DC's favour is that he has bowed to pressure from within ( country or party , not sure which) & given us the referendum
I wonder if other member states have the same pressures to offer their populations a referendum & what the outcome would be in their countries

nortada

Visit site

Good to get back to the thread.

Answer - don't know.

My guess.

If you remain outside EU states territorial waters no impact (As the EU has yet to become a state it doesn't have territorial waters).

If you visit EU ports you will be treated as other non-EU visitors.

If you want an extended stay you will have to meet the same visa requirements as other non-EU visitors and will no longer enjoy EHIC and other EU related benefits.

So look how non-EU visitors are treated and there is your answer.

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
Here's a fun web site for those wanting facts for the referendum.
https://fullfact.org/

On the sovereignty issue, this one is interesting
https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts-behind-claims-uk-influence/

If the UK wants absolute sovereignty, we should copy the North Korea model; we could even forbid any foreign intrusion, physical and ideological. In reality, dilution of "sovereignty" is a natural progression, indicating trust between people and cultures.

It is true that laws of significance are made in Brussels by all including the UK. The drop in Roaming mobile charges is an indicator and is welcomed by all, including the yachting community. We can now send photos to our friends of our Med experiences much much cheaper and from next year all mobile rates will be the same. Surely this is good for the sailing community and for all those millions of Brits who live and travel to Europe daily.

halcyon

Visit site
If the UK wants absolute sovereignty, we should copy the North Korea model; we could even forbid any foreign intrusion, physical and ideological. In reality, dilution of "sovereignty" is a natural progression, indicating trust between people and cultures.

It is true that laws of significance are made in Brussels by all including the UK. The drop in Roaming mobile charges is an indicator and is welcomed by all, including the yachting community. We can now send photos to our friends of our Med experiences much much cheaper and from next year all mobile rates will be the same. Surely this is good for the sailing community and for all those millions of Brits who live and travel to Europe daily.

Is that it, the EU allows us to send cheap photos on our phones ?

Reading a Wiki page the thing I found interesting was the EEC was set up after WW2 by the USA to provide a free trade zone group to block the spread of communism. So we are just pawns in the bigger picture, now we know he was keen to support the EU.

Brian

halcyon

Visit site
In the interests of fairness, you can watch the whole debate here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYTJGBBjkGo

With 3 speakers from each side.

John

Have a watch when i have a min.

What puzzles me is everyone goes on about the £15 billion we pay in, how much we get get back and what we can do with it or what we save leaving.

But no one is worried about the £50 billion EU trade deficit payed for by our world trade surplus. Which in or out will still be there and is getting bigger year on year.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.