I have trim tabs ...

Refueler

Visit site
Not the usual hydraulic ... cannot find any hydraulic lines ... and I hear electric hum when operated ..

Anyway - is there any add-on 3rd party trim tab indicators I can fit ?

I have the circular control pad on the console with the press buttons UP .. DOWN.

Its difficult to gauge use of the buttons and what actually is happening back aft .. so far I am using the lift / levelling of bow as indicator (I know that's what I should use for setting) - but would like to know what the tabs are at ..

EugeneR

Visit site
I guess the first step is to confirm the make. I am only aware of Lenco being electric, hence pointing you to their controls. Edit: seems Bennett do them as well.

If you can take a picture of your existing control, you can do an image search on Google to find what make it is (ok, or just post it here if you are lazy 😉) and then check what controls they, or 3rd parties, offer.

Since it depends on feedback or other logic specific to each manufacturer, I think it is unlikely that you will find 3rd party controls with level indication.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I guess the first step is to confirm the make. I am only aware of Lenco being electric, hence pointing you to their controls. Edit: seems Bennett do them as well.

If you can take a picture of your existing control, you can do an image search on Google to find what make it is (ok, or just post it here if you are lazy 😉) and then check what controls they, or 3rd parties, offer.

Since it depends on feedback or other logic specific to each manufacturer, I think it is unlikely that you will find 3rd party controls with level indication.
I have Bennett hydraulic trim tabs and the indicators stopped working, fried circuit board. Rather than buy new switches/indicators (my switches are separate) i bought the Garmin GBT10 which connects to the Bennett sender wires and plugs into the N2K network. I can see the trim tab position on both plotters and the GMI20s.

Refueler

Visit site
Boat is in water and she sits with tabs just underwater .... not so easy to photo.

Will photo the control ... but while waiting ... its a circular unit - similar size to a dial gauge (fuel etc) .. the buttons are two green triangles for up ... two red triangles for down ... between the two vertical line of buttons - a green led grain above a red led grain below ... which light up when respective button pressed.

OK .. Control :

dO3eY6Ul.jpg

Here you see it bottom left

wVFVj0bl.jpg

Console still has what I believe were the old controls ... but ???

hXTLGeRl.jpg

The Engine trim switch is below this ..

PaulRainbow

Visit site
You need to see if there is an inbuilt sender in the actuator, if not, it would be a bit more hassle.

You could fit a pair of analogue trim tab gauges, then rig up some senders with the same resistance range, if there is somewhere to connect them to.

Refueler

Visit site
You need to see if there is an inbuilt sender in the actuator, if not, it would be a bit more hassle.

You could fit a pair of analogue trim tab gauges, then rig up some senders with the same resistance range, if there is somewhere to connect them to.

It would be good if I could know what is the Brand of control etc I have .... I've searched site after site - but nowhere can I find the same control ...

Refueler

Visit site
I don't mind admitting that Mobo's and Trim Tabs are not my game ... sails and sheets are more mine....

But I'm having a ball with this boat ...

But at times can be unnerving ... still haven't quite got to full throttle - I've got to about 80-85% .... I'm not so good at altering the tabs as speed increases ... each time I get near to full - she heels and turns - needing to ease throttle back and tap the trim buttons ..

But slowly getting there ... its why I was thinking of tab indicators - so I can see the angles and keep an idea for what speed etc.

Its funny actually - my RC Bat Boat does exactly same ... but there I know its motor torque ...

Refueler

Visit site
Looks electric, not hydraulic.

I've managed to trace the wires ... the control is indeed electric - but wires lead back to the power bus and the black pump affair I asked about on another thread.
The hydraulic part of the system being only in the transom area ...

If I could identify the systems brand - it may be possible to swap the controller for one with position indicators as well .. I see some systems have combined buttons and led position ...

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I've managed to trace the wires ... the control is indeed electric - but wires lead back to the power bus and the black pump affair I asked about on another thread.
The hydraulic part of the system being only in the transom area ...

If I could identify the systems brand - it may be possible to swap the controller for one with position indicators as well .. I see some systems have combined buttons and led position ...
Ah, misunderstood the picture, thought it was the actuator, not the control.

Bennett, for instance, make switches with built in indicators, but you'll need to be sitting down for the price, this is the cheapest model, i think ; Bennett Marine Bolt Soft-Touch Control with LED Indication

Refueler

Visit site