How old is your boat?

How old is your boat?

• Total voters
Visit site
51 this year Birthday next month. I've had her for 2 years and the previous owner bought her from the original owner. It still has the original upholstery in excellent condition. I was going to reupholster but SWMBO tells me the current colour scheme is back in fashion. The B&W photo is from a magazine write up it got when it was delivered.
1644308185938.png1644309446852.png

Praxinoscope

Visit site
My previous boat was 55 years old when I sold her, still going strong as far as I know, current boat is 41 years old this year and has plenty of life left.
Muntjak.jpg

Last edited:

Spanjaard

Visit site
A boat is a boat. Who cares about the age of those beautiful ladies? I don't.

We should only notice once they reach the 100 aniversary, just to celebrate them.

Skylark

Visit site
Watch it. You will be entering the realms of manky old boat?

You'll be giving some members apoplexy by saying that, Tim. ;) The days of her needing to carry a hundred tools, including 13 power tools, to keep her afloat together with the smell of volatile organic compounds competing with mildew and mould below deck are a way off just yet. I'll have hung my sea boots before that time comes. (y)

DSC_0032.JPG

The Q

Visit site
My boat was built 1996-1999, it was then launched, sailed once, recovered, keel modified, launched a week later sailed once , recovered.
then I moved to the mountains...
Two years later returned to the UK and it was parked in a shed... for 18 years.... while I sailed other things...
She' been in the garden since then undergoing heavy modification..
I hope to launch her on 26th March at the start of my clubs sailing season...

cmedsailor

Visit site
You'll be giving some members apoplexy by saying that, Tim. ;) The days of her needing to carry a hundred tools, including 13 power tools, to keep her afloat together with the smell of volatile organic compounds competing with mildew and mould below deck are a way off just yet. I'll have hung my sea boots before that time comes. (y)

DSC_0032.JPG

Nice!!

UK-WOOZY

Visit site
Built 1988, so 34

had the hull redone and coppercoated last year.

the spray hood and dodgers are being replaced over the next month+ by cindy at Wilkinson

20220205_165334.jpg

20211114_143705.jpg

Screenshot_20211110-211341_Photos.jpg

a friend lost 2 of the cushions when i first got the boat in 2017. just making do without, but would love new ones

Last edited: