How old is your boat?

How old is your boat?

• Total voters

geem

Visit site

johnalison

Visit site
Very posh to have furling jib in those days. Wyk. Martin ?
Furling jibs were around then. My first encounter was when we sailed in company with a club member who had a Trapper 501 so fitted in 1982. The boat was a few years old and second hand and presumably fitted from new. They hadn’t been fully accepted then, certainly, and I was sceptical but fully converted by the time I got my next boat in 1987.

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Furling jibs were around then. My first encounter was when we sailed in company with a club member who had a Trapper 501 so fitted in 1982. The boat was a few years old and second hand and presumably fitted from new. They hadn’t been fully accepted then, certainly, and I was sceptical but fully converted by the time I got my next boat in 1987.
(y)

I kept buying Cruiser/Racers which were raced so I had hank on's for many years so they came to me late. Along with very tired interiors and poorly maintained diesels. The sails took up most of the lounging areas. They were still happy days but I don't miss changing headsails in the middle of the North Sea .:)

Tranona

Visit site
Very posh to have furling jib in those days. Wyk. Martin ?
Well established by then. The Seawych I built in 1976 had a Cooney reefing system. The other main brand for smaller boats was Colnebrook. Wykeman Martin dates back to the early years of the century and was just a furler on haltard. still available now as are modern systems mainly for smaller racers and dinghies by firms like Harken.

mrming

instagram.com
36 years old. I’m the 4th owner in that time having purchased her last year. She’s on her second engine and probably 3rd set of electronics. She’s also had an interior refurb at some point in the past. I’ve done a few more upgrades, new (bigger) batteries, a fridge, AIS, LED nav lights, plastic seacocks, major engine service. The next job is to repaint the decks and banish the small amount of remaining treadmaster.

Attachments

• 4FD75B65-1D4B-4951-84C2-7E271BC438FA.jpeg
    4FD75B65-1D4B-4951-84C2-7E271BC438FA.jpeg
    638.8 KB · Views: 11