How do you launch your tender from your boat?

johnalison

Visit site
Neat, but I don’t think I’ll be trying it. Great scenery though.

The biggest revolution in dinghy launching for my came when I finally realised, after about thirty years, that it was much easier to do so from the cockpit than the foredeck, without the bother of humping the dinghy forward to inflate it.

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
The biggest revolution in dinghy launching for my came when I finally realised, after about thirty years, that it was much easier to do so from the cockpit than the foredeck, without the bother of humping the dinghy forward to inflate it.
It's the opposite for my boat, small cockpit and a foredeck that the inflatable fits on.
Inflate on foredeck with 12v pump, tip it over the side then walk it round to the transom to lower the ob on if needed.
For retrieval, engine off at transom, walk inflatable forward, tie the painter to a spare halyard and winch it up onto foredeck where it stays inverted and tied down until I'm ready to head for home ( a week or month later).

penfold

Visit site
They're slumming it; these days the cockleshell heroes have a special secret squirrel chamber that bolts onto the Astute class which allows them to deploy underwater for added drowning.

Minerva

Visit site
Someone needs to tell those Comando folks, they'd be better off installing davits off the back of that sub. Save humpfing that big tender about.

ashtead

Visit site
An electric winch helps to lift bag from locker and swing into water . Ideally would have a bridle to attach the halyard so you can lift out of water at night if anchored to hold alongside . Looks like they have chosen good location for their run ashore but a lack of bars maybe ?

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
We have just invested in a 'superlight' Talamex inflatable floor 2.4 dinghy.

It is less than half the weight - 14 kilos - of the previous Sun Sport. I am hoping it is as durable.

We store it upside down on the pilothouse roof. It is easy for me to climb onto the roof and slide it over the side. First Mate guides the sticky out bits past the rail. The painter is tied off and we have never found it difficult to twist it the right way and lower it in. I then move it to the swim platform where we use my home made outboard crane to put the heavy Suzuki four stroke outboard on.

First Mate has just made a cover for UV protection, using her Christmas Present, a used HD Sewing machine with a walking foot. Her posh cover is even colour matched.....................;)

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
They're slumming it; these days the cockleshell heroes have a special secret squirrel chamber that bolts onto the Astute class which allows them to deploy underwater for added drowning.
It did occur to me that surfacing a bloody great sub in daylight spoils the element of surprise a bit.

John the kiwi

Visit site
In my case with my hard nesting dinghy which lives upside down on the foredeck, I pick up each half, put it right side up and drop it into the water. Each half has its own painter so take the painters aft, climb into the stern section, garbe the bow section and mate them together. This is actually easier to do when floating than when on dry land.
Critical Control Point. Don't let go of the painter for the bow section as it blows downwind quite quickly!rotoitiapril2011 002.jpg