Holman & Pye

Ardenfour

Visit site
I was just thinking, in the days before grp, all boats must have looked like that on launch day, and somehow get from such a work of art to the dilapidated wooden hulks which seem to reside in the corners of every boatyard. Shame. But that boat truly is a joy to behold

Thistle

Visit site
I was just thinking, in the days before grp, all boats must have looked like that on launch day, and somehow get from such a work of art to the dilapidated wooden hulks which seem to reside in the corners of every boatyard. Shame. But that boat truly is a joy to behold

I doubt it. That one's right at the top of the quality range. I hope the brothers are young enough to enjoy sailing her when she is eventually completed. I agree it will be hard to put something as lovely into dirty water but she'll look even more stunning in her element.

Blueboatman

Visit site
Pure guess but would be very useful for lashing stuff into those shelves, securing sails to the sides etc.
I noted some very fine detailing to the deck hardware, I imagine that the brothers have some experience of bashing along fast at sea?
Although I presume all that varnished deck has nonslip properties added?

Tranona

Visit site
Peter Gregson (broker) estimates £300k - but unclear if that includes the purchase price. However, looking at the price of other custom wood boats even £400k would be reasonable. In the price range of a new HR type boat of similar length.