Has anyone renewed there inboard engine recently?

Tranona

Visit site
It sounds like your mind is made up to replace your engine with a new Beta, which if you are going to re-engine is a good choice.

Don’t forget to try to sell your old one before you have the new one fitted though.
Not everyone wants to, or can afford to, fit a new engine, so there may be a pretty good market for your existing one. Take plenty of video of it starting and running and make sure it is removed carefully and treated kindly. I’m sure other people on here can recommend companies that would make you an offer, or you could just advertise on eBay etc.
Good advice. I did this twice. First was a Yanmar 1GM which I sold to a fellow club member to replace a Petter mini 6. I had advertised it on Boats and Outboards and had a queue of potential ,buyers, but the club member had seen the ad on the notice board the day before the other ad went live so he got lucky. He helped me take it out so that he knew where everything went. Latest one was a bit slower to sell and initially only a couple of half interested enquiries then one Monday morning 2 good ones. I had a pack of photos and spec sheet plus a short video of it starting and running. A bit of toing and froing clarifying details and the buyer sent a small deposit by bank transfer on the Thursday. Lifted out Friday morning and he collected it in the afternoon, paying direct into my bank. £1500, actually the same as the 1GM all those years ago.