half way through the year - have you sailed enough?

Gwylan

Visit site
It is half way through the year

have you sailed enough yet?

I am having a lovely summer

but the more I sail the more I want to sail

it is becoming a serious addiction

heading back to Oban on Sunday for another round

not sure yet if Jill is coming with me of if she will be devoting a week or two to Wimbledon

S2100020-YACHT-HEADING-EAST.jpg

S2120002-leaving-spelve.jpg

KeepTurningLeft-Scotlamnd.Still042.jpg

Hoo bloody rah!
Good for you!

Retirement, relocation and the €/£ rate have conspired to ensure we have not moved the boat all year.
Sitting on railway sleepers in the corner of a boat yard.

Now, next year it will be all different. Have outstanding business with Cape Wrath.

MM5AHO

Visit site
Sailed not enough, motored far too much.
Severe lack of wind this year has seen more diesel consumed that any other 2 years, and not even half way through this year!

If you're back in Oban Sunday, watch out for the Round Mull race, a very friendly affair starts Oban Friday, ends Oban Sunday. (Anticlockwise)

NormanS

Visit site
Two weeks in April, two weeks in May, three weeks in June, mostly in glorious weather, so haven't done too badly. :)

www.jamesmarinero.com
Not really. Just going back to UK for 2 weeks in Channel on a Cutlass 27. Up to now: 400 miles around the Canary Islands in March and have just completed 1200 nm single handed Las Palmas-Fuertaventura-Porto Santo-Portugal. Then Morocco/Canary Islands before Christmas. Not trying to make it seem like a p###ing contest, but you did ask...

GHA

Visit site
Not neatly enough yet, but getting the boat down to the algarve in May before having to go earn some boat bucks means winter won't be such a great hinderence as it is way up north :)

dombuckley

Visit site
DSCN5493a.jpg

NO :(

Damn weather, damn work, even more damn weather.... At least she's in a shed and protected from the damn weather, so i don't have to do the varnishing all over again.

Did I mention the damn weather???

Grumpybear

Visit site
Not that much. 22 days sailing so far, all local, 225 miles by GPS. Only 5 nights on board. Would normally expect to have done at least double the number of days and miles, and about 35 nights on board. Combination of weather and family commitments.

PhillM

Visit site
2 half days this year so far. Once from OV to Hamble and then back.

But I didn't expect to this year. Other committments. But for the next two months I've got weekends free,

capnsensible

Visit site
Twelve five day courses, one weekend, a two week cruise to Portugal and back, couple of days own boat tuition. About 2300 miles.

A holiday would be nice. :cool:

JonJG

Visit site
Good to hear that others get some quality time in. For us a long weekend from Eastbourne across to Dieppe. Then a 3 week cruise to the IoW, Channel Isles and Normandy but that was in June so foggy, damp and cold for some of the time - oh and sometimes wet. Sail every other day so enjoy the port and locals on bikes for one free day. About 800nm and 25 nights on board. No where near enough but still was good. Next planned extended trip to Isle of Scillies end of August / Sept. Still not enough so will top up with shorter hops around the bay, to Brighton or across to Boulogne or Dieppe or Fecamp but then there is always the maintenance and pottering on the boat.

johnalison

Visit site
Not nearly enough. Late launching because of work being done, so didn't start until June. Motored to Belgium. Sailed to Terneuzen, then motoring until sailing the Ijselmeer, and the rest motoring until currently relaxing in Norderney. Quite pleasant, but not very rewarding so far.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Twelve five day courses, one weekend, a two week cruise to Portugal and back, couple of days own boat tuition. About 2300 miles.

A holiday would be nice. :cool:

So far this year I've sailed a fair bit too. (The last three weeks have been more or less continuously at sea and I'd done a fair bit before then.)

The problem is that our own boat has moved three hundred metres so far: from crane in to mooring....

I intend to out the right in the next few weeks. Spain here we come.

Even Chance

Visit site
Had my first short daytrip on Sunday, other time pressures put a stop to my sailing fun. Sailed from Wick, North round Noss Head and into Sinclairs Bay in an F4-5. What a nice wee day out I had. Found out either my battery or the solar panels are knackered, and the stereo stopped working for the duration. Had to make do with my own thoughts.... lol
Photo of the 15th Century Castle Sinclair Girnigoe that lies on the shores of Sinclairs Bay.

Attachments

• Sinclair Girnigoe.jpg
    Sinclair Girnigoe.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 0