Guardrail Netting Near Cleats - Retractable ideas due to dog

tom3987

Visit site
Hi everyone,

We have netting around the boat. It was already fitted when i bought it. The netting is not in great condition and im going to replace it.

The issue is that the previous owner as put it around the pull pit and the pushpit which is excellent for keeping the dog in the boat but it causes a lot of trouble accessing and passing lines through the cleat.

Im looking for ideas of how I can make the netting near the push and pull pits retractable. I was thinking Velco but not sure if this would hold up.

I only have 2 cleats on each side so im running the springs and stern lines off the one.

Thanks in advance!

1715371041426.png

geem

Visit site
We have holes in our aluminium toerail so we don't use netting. We lace the toerail to the bottom guardwire. The dog is only small so that's all we need. We don't bother with the pulpit and pushpit. In fact we don't bother with lines at all unless we are doing an overnight passage. She generally only ventures out of the cockpit on passage to use the loo

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
Dogs aren't daft, the only problem we had with ours was her trying to jump ashore as we were approaching the dock. Clipped her lead on to keep her out of the way while docking and all was fine. We never bothered with netting, she could swim, and her favourite place when underway was below the helmsman's seat looking aft over the sugar scoop.

as an added bonus, her party trick was "Hold my beer .... " 🤣

1715416019545.png
as