Greece Town Wall mooring fees

Irish Rover

Visit site
I arrived in Pythagorio, Samos today for check-in from Türkiye. I was here in October and paid €20 for my 10.3 metre catamaran. Nothing's changed except the addition of bright new yellow mooring lines and a single remote shower facility which is near impossible to access and minimum price is €38 per night and double for a catamaran. Absolute piracy. I plan to spend the next 5/6 weeks in the Aegean and I'll post prices as I go. It would be great if others would chip in with their own experience of current prices in Greece 20230602_184848.jpg

Cspirit

Visit site
If charges like this become replicated across the islands, I’m sure that the restaurants will suffer. In our time in the Med we would eat out if the quay charge was reasonable or non -existent, as was the case in most places. We felt that this was a contribution to the local economy. However, at those prices - eating on board or in the case of Pythagorio, anchor behind the breakwater and dinghy in.

Irish Rover

Visit site
If charges like this become replicated across the islands, I’m sure that the restaurants will suffer. In our time in the Med we would eat out if the quay charge was reasonable or non -existent, as was the case in most places. We felt that this was a contribution to the local economy. However, at those prices - eating on board or in the case of Pythagorio, anchor behind the breakwater and dinghy in.
Anchoring prohibited since last year.

Tranona

Visit site
??? Why. I'm not a liveaboard. Cruisers even occasional Cruisers like me use town walls.
Likely to be more people with Greek experience watching that forum - although it has been rather dead of late, perhaps because of a drop in liveaboard and long term cruising in the med for UK orientated folks in recent years. 10 Years ago the forum was very active for that set.

Boathook

Visit site
Likely to be more people with Greek experience watching that forum - although it has been rather dead of late, perhaps because of a drop in liveaboard and long term cruising in the med for UK orientated folks in recent years. 10 Years ago the forum was very active for that set.
Possibly still more active for Med based rather than here.

Irish Rover

Visit site
I'm in the marina in Kyrikos, Ikaria tonight. Paid €27 including water and electricity. Very few boats here. This marina was abandoned after construction and was free for many years. Taken over by the municipality last summer. Very clean, quiet and a 2 minute walk from the centre of town.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Not a town wall but I just booked and paid for 3 nights in Zea Marina in Pireaus from 15 June. My credit card needed oxygen to recover. €282 for 3 nights.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Not a town wall but I just booked and paid for 3 nights in Zea Marina in Pireaus from 15 June. My credit card needed oxygen to recover. €282 for 3 nights.
Zea was expensive but it's super convenient for getting the metro to the airport and there are plenty of restaurants and bars both inside the marina and outside. Office staff and the marineros were friendly and efficient. Showers could do with an upgrade and lots of walkways holding water when it rained.
I've been anchoring out since Sunday and it looks like I have a free berth tonight in Lavrio port while the charter boats are absent.

dgadee

Visit site
Just been down to Rhodes from Mytilini. Most places charging seem to be €2 per metre. Not sure about cat prices. We prefer the anchor so only went in at Patmos and Kos. Both €2. N Chios is free at present.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Forgot to mention I paid €49 for 3 nights in Ermoupoli, Syros last week including water and electricity. The harbour master Thanasis is an interesting guy and the charge may well depend on how much likes you or how much you tip him. €2.70 to take a shower. Fabulous town but the surge on the quay from the frequent ferries is more than uncomfortable.
I paid €30 for 2 nights in Loutra, Kythnos. Water €10 plus electricity €10.

Obi

Visit site
Non contributory comment/Historical. This was about 1988.

I recall my father spending about 1.5 hours with the HM in his office at Plaka sorting out our berth for the night.

Eventually father came out from the HM with a receipt for about 80 drachma. (Less than 50p).

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
About 8 years ago we berthed at Efstratios, just before the port was rebuilt. A lady port police person walked round from her office and told us to follow her to pay our fees. We did so, about a 10 minute walk. We underwent the customary mass photocopying and filling in of ledgers, taking at least 15 minutes. Then paid the fee - €1.