good service

Johnjo

Visit site
After moaning about poor service and feeling better for it!

Engine has been acting up a bit, so went to " Hewden plant hire " in Truro for a couple of
new fuel filters and hopefully some advice as to what the problem could be.
Took the injectors with me for testing, which they did there and then.
They then spent the next hour and half explaining to me what the problem could be and how to fix it,
Even went so far offering me the loan of a recon injector pump to see if this cured the problem.

Now this is what I call really good service!

How much did I spend there > £7.17 for two filters. How much would they cost me from main agents ?
As I say good service!

<hr width=100% size=1>

johna

Visit site
Mike
You did not say what the problem is we might all learn from your experience. I thought you had fitted a new Beta.

johna

<hr width=100% size=1>

B

bob_tyler

Living in Falmouth that's interesting. What type of engine do you have?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Johnjo

Visit site
John no Beta out of my price range !
I bought a 1984 Petter Mini Twin of a friend who bought it new and never fitted it,
was still in its original packing case.

The mini twin has not got a good reputation as the heads tended to get eaten away by the salt water cooling, But as I have fitted it with a heat-exchanger this will not be a problem.

The problem I had was fuel related, started after a few hours running!
So checked everything, fuel lines, filters, checked for air leaks, had the injectors tested,
could not find why it had started miss firing, hunting, sounded like a air problem.
But as I discovered yesterday it was the injector pump which had started playing up,
Probably something to do with not being used!!!!!!
Anyway all fixed now and running like a good-un.

mike

<hr width=100% size=1>