gentlemans motor Launche

mtb

Visit site
I heard about this last week ,its not my sort of boat otherwise I'd have been onto it by now .
45 ft long twin GMC diesel's with Twin disc self changing gears ( ooh )
very very nice boat apart from some previous bodge jogs ,like the teak deck has been covered with fiberglass and the teak hand rails renewed with modern stuff.
The boat was valued at £12k but has to be sold so what the price is is down to the person with the cash.
The hull has been redone up to the waterline so it should quite straight forwards .
Apparently there are original light fittings which I'm told are very posh ,hey I wouldn't know they are cut glass
The boat is at, I think it is called Davies yard Stroud junction up near to Glouster
Some one could end up with a real classic for the right money
cheers
Mick

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boats
I want a big steel ex trawler / tug v/cheep or swap for tug

G

If your name is MTB have you got one i have a 1942 64' MTB it has two detroit greymarine 225 hp engines but i can't find a manual for the engines anywhere can you help in any way joe

mtb

Visit site
Re: Just seen this !!

No MTB are my initials posh or what.
I have stuff re carburetters fitted to grey marine engines but they are 25.5 hp 6 cylinder 30 v type solex carbs .

Mick

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boats
I want a big steel ex trawler / tug v / cheap or swap for tug

ccscott49

Visit site
Once you fibreglass over teak decks, its the knell of death fopr them and anything under them! The only reason to do this is to stop leaks and I bet it was laid on dampish timber, the decks will be happily rotting away underneath and the beams aswell mno doubt! Whoever has bought this boat or any other done like this, beware. The foirst thing the new owner needs to do is get that shit off the decks, pronto!

Other threads that may be of interest