Garmin or very similar personal gps

Paddingtonbear

Visit site
Having just missed a Garmin 40 on here, I would like either a 40 or a 45 or something very similar. All complete and GWO please. Can pick up Sussex area.

Paddingtonbear

Visit site
I am interested in your etrex and have been researching them to ensure that I am clear about what I will be buying. There appears to be a myriad of models which has left me somewhat confused. What I want is a gps that has a micro SD slot, can interface with a windows computer and download maps although it not essential for them to be in colour. It would also be great if it had a 12v power lead. It looks like an etrex 10 or 20 might do the business although it appears that some others that are known by names are very similar. I have a very old and very simple etrex which my wife currently uses and I want it back :) to be replaced by the newly acquired one. It looks like that I can get what I want new for around £100 or so although yet again I am not at it sure that includes any maps. Sorry to be a bit of a fuss pot!!

peterhull

Visit site
My Etrex is an early one, it does not have a Micro SD slot.

It does have a PC Data Cable using a Serial interface (bought as a Garmin extra).

I have used it successfully with Charting Software Cmap to indicate the GPS position on a lap top screen.

Peter