Fuel tank sender ?

Refueler

Visit site
My Primor 24 has a 100ltr stainless steel gasoline tank each side of cockpit under the side decks. The filler and pipe is a straight affair allowing a stick to dip for fuel level.

Being under side decks - I cannot get to the top to fit fuel gauge sender. Stainless steel so side mounted external sonics are not much use.

It crossed my mind whether a removable vertical sender could be fitted into the filler pipe instead of the screw cap ? Care being of course to be sure no water sloshing down the side decks gets into tanks.

?? Is there anything to do that >>

Plum

Visit site
My Primor 24 has a 100ltr stainless steel gasoline tank each side of cockpit under the side decks. The filler and pipe is a straight affair allowing a stick to dip for fuel level.

Being under side decks - I cannot get to the top to fit fuel gauge sender. Stainless steel so side mounted external sonics are not much use.

It crossed my mind whether a removable vertical sender could be fitted into the filler pipe instead of the screw cap ? Care being of course to be sure no water sloshing down the side decks gets into tanks.

?? Is there anything to do that >>
Like this? https://www.fruugo.co.uk/screw-on-f...-wKdLHGL3X4hFKLjCzZDTWhRMdkDTPbhoCBPEQAvD_BwE if you can find one for your height of tank.

Last edited:

Refueler

Visit site

That would work if not a cap - but a threaded plug ...

The filler points have the standard marine press to lift the tab and unscrew plug ...

Like this but in metal :

apidrcyrv__99856.1593681411.jpg

My tank depth incl filler pipe is about 1m ...

On that site actually .....

Wema Fuel & Water Tank Sender S3 Screw Type - 40cm 0-190ohm

apid1op37__50955.1610433162.jpg

interesting ... just need to sort length and also how to unplug / unscrew to allow filling of tank ...