Friday night on land

paulineb

Visit site
For the first time in year's I will not be heading for the boat when I leave work. It's a real strange, empty feeling. I blame my parents, it's their golden wedding anniversary celebrations this weekend so we won't be going to Brighton until after the party tomorrow - hopefully we can leave early.

I'll be consoling myself tonight with a naughty girly night at a friend's house. MrB said he will pick me up before I pass out.

It should be fun but I would much rather be on the boat. Mr B said the other day 'what did we used to do at the weekends before we had a boat' and we just sat there looking at each other cos we couldn't remember but whatever we did, we had more money to do it with pre-boat days.

Pauline B

Dave_Snelson

www.makeyourowngarments.com
Hmmm...Good point, well made. My little boat's dry docked for the winter and I'm getting definate withdrawal symptoms. We have a caravan (near the boat of course) and we asked the same question some time back. What did we do with weekends?

Oh and by the way, we've dodged many a family occassion to be away at the caravan / boat at the weekend, to the point that we are known as unsociable (or is that anti-social).

You have the makings of a good thread here Pauline. C'mon the rest of you. What would you do with your time if boats were banned?!!

BarryD

Visit site
Newbie here

Still getting into this boating thing. Still I seem to have spent a lot of time on her of late - as have other board members who've helped me.

I guess prior to boating it was either classic cars or flying. I'm down to just my Stag now and I haven't flown for three months (oh dear - there goes one of my currency ratings).

Of course I'd still be avoiding gardening like the plauge.

Geoffs

Visit site
My littl'uns all tucked up nice and dry as well. But I'm going down to Poole tomorrow to mess around with a few things. Got a big lump out of the gel coat below the water line. No idea how I did that! Still that'll be filled in.

BarryD

Visit site
Concetrate? I think not Sir.

Byron - Some things will come naturally <G>

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BarryD on Fri Dec 7 17:02:50 2001 (server time).</FONT></P>

Scubadoo

Visit site
Firstly I think my friends and family all regard me as anti-social, never seem to take up offers for the weekend when it means no boat & water - winter is a little easier to be friendly!

If I did not have my boat I suppose I would go back to my second passion - Horse Riding (I used to do that every weekend once) and spend more time fish keeping.

To be honest without a boat I would be a right old miserable git.

RM.

MRC

Visit site
Question

The weekends over - hope it wasnt that bad..

Seems to me that your an avid boaty and love to get off down to the boat most weekends, what boat is it you spend your time on and if you bought a new boat what options would be must be's in your opinion. Just to make those weekends even more enjoyable. ohh well only another 5 days to go !!!!!

Mike.

paulineb

Visit site
Re: Question

I enjoy my weekends on Tommy, she's a Riva SuperAmerica and I couldn't even speak of buying another boat because it would hurt her feelings. I still have guilty feelings and leaving my very first mini at the garage when I part exchanged it.

Pauline B