fresh water pump

G

Can anyone help i have fitted a new Whale evenflow fresh water pump model no EFO612 12V replacing the same type which was 4 years old the new one was purchased end of last year and fitted when i filled the tank, the pump works ok when the taps are turned on but when the tap is turned off it blows the fuse, the wiring is the same as the previos pump can anyone help

G

It sounds as though the pump is not cutting out on its high pressure setting, and overloading as it is getting to a stall condition.

Any other ideas anyone?

G

Could be pressure switch in new pump, just because its new, and all that. Should be able to hear click when correct pressure is reacted telling pump to switch off, tripping fuse as pump tries to keep on going I made test rig using garden tap short length of garden hoses and car battery plus garden nozzel easy to hear switching sound if right along side it when nozzel cuts water of. Rgds

G

ops just thought, on test rig of course garden hose goes into bucket of water, pump then garden nozzel. On my johnson pump you can adjust pressure switch when to cut pump off