Female Yacht Owners

Poignard

Visit site
It dealt originally with the rights of the citizen against the state. By extension it became the duty of the state to ensure rights of the citizen against other citizens (e.g. in the development of privacy law, Art 8). We are all bound by it! Even blue flag fliers.

Art 10: .... "This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers." ...
And if I tell you what I think of you, how is the UK failing in its obligation to you?

Poignard

Visit site
Maybe, maybe. But I don't want to give them too much opportunity to snigger at me.
'
How awful. To be so insecure that you can't be sure even your friends aren't sniggering at you. People can be so cruel.[/QUOTE]

Sniggering should be reserved for blue ensigns.
'
But do you think they are aware of it?

I mean if you are too scared to walk up to them and tell them that their ensign makes you giggle, how will they ever know?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, by the way, how do you like my boat? Pretty isn't she? I'm wondering if a blue ensign might enhance her appearance. Match the sprayhood perhaps. Better than that rather tattered red one you see on the backstay.

At Arradon.jpg

Last edited:

Serin

Visit site
'

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, by the way, how do you like my boat? Pretty isn't she? I'm wondering if a blue ensign might enhance her appearance. Match the sprayhood perhaps. Better than that rather tattered red one you see on the backstay.

View attachment 146817

By Jove, yes, sir! I do like your boat! She is, indeed, very pretty. But don't even think of a blue ensign. Just imagine the tribalism and social division that would inevitably break out! And all the sniggering amongst your erstwhile friends! You would become an object of ridicule and a disrupter of the peace amongst the sailing fraternity. It's bad enough owning a pretty little classic, without adding insult to injury..........

dunedin

Visit site
A naval officer or police officer, in uniform, can demand to see your warrant. Failure to produce one leaves you open to forfeit of the ensign and the disapprobation of all right minded sailors.
Judging by the multi coloured flags I have seen flown in Scotland, I suspect that requests to see a warrant, let alone any penalty, are as rare as anybody being prosecuted for failing to practice archery.
I think one should choose the colour of the flag to match the boat decor. Perhaps blue might match my sprayhood better?
Indeed, a Saltire on white might be worth it to see the splutters of the G&T brigade

PS. I fly a red UK ensign, though technically could alternatively legally fly blue

awol

Visit site
'

View attachment 146817
One wee hiccup with a privileged ensign is having to hoist the relevant burgee. Your crosstrees seem rather full and the masthead tends to interfere with the windex etc..

Poignard

Visit site
By Jove, yes, sir! I do like your boat! She is, indeed, very pretty. But don't even think of a blue ensign. Just imagine the tribalism and social division that would inevitably break out! And all the sniggering amongst your erstwhile friends! You would become an object of ridicule and a disrupter of the peace amongst the sailing fraternity. It's bad enough owning a pretty little classic, without adding insult to injury..........
Yes, you're right, of course,
But would the ridicule be as bad as I get when people see my CQR anchor? :eek:

dgadee

Visit site
I have read a bit further with Jane Austen and poor St Walter! Turns out captains and an admiral enter the story! If Austen had lived she should have called it "Vanity and Ensigns" (her brother gave it the existing title).

Poignard

Visit site
I have read a bit further with Jane Austen and poor St Walter! Turns out captains and an admiral enter the story! If Austen had lived she should have called it "Vanity and Ensigns" (her brother gave it the existing title).
I have not the pleasure of understanding you. Of what are you talking?

lustyd

Visit site
I can’t imagine people will see it before your untimely demise in an anchor dragging accident. I’m surprised you lasted this long with a cqr ?

Serin

Visit site

My dear sir, possession of a CQR is a sign of distinction. Indeed, I have one myself. It is the sign of a fine seaman or seawoman. One that actually knows how to anchor. One that is worthy of a boat of distinction (such as a Twister (y))