Female socket on boat for mains connection?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Powercon

Ratio looks similar dimensions to 16A ceeform
Ratio connectors are very similar to Ceeform, but smaller than the horrible Marinco ones.

The Powercon connectors look compact, but i'd be concerned with the size of the terminals and the surface are of contact, as they look similar in design to the Marinco system. They do, at least, look as though they might be a solution for lower current/occasional use.

Refueler

Visit site
As I said before ... I have both 'camping blue' and 'EU exterior' sockets ... down by the river and on house wall ...

As HLR for CA - I have in past provided power to CA travellers / guests and its just so easy.

I do have adaptors as well to connect to UK 3 pin and a few others just in case .. but the 'blue' is the most used.

jakew009

Visit site
Ratio connectors are very similar to Ceeform, but smaller than the horrible Marinco ones.

The Powercon connectors look compact, but i'd be concerned with the size of the terminals and the surface are of contact, as they look similar in design to the Marinco system. They do, at least, look as though they might be a solution for lower current/occasional use.

They are actually rated for 16A@250VAC so same as a Ceeform. In US they are rated for 20A@250VAC for some reason.

They have a very positive twist lock mechanism, and they don't complete the circuit until they have been properly locked in which I believe is one of the flaws of the Marinco style.

They actually do a 32A version as well which isn't much bigger.

One potential flaw is that the female bulkhead connector needs a 6.3mm female spade terminal crimping on, which is more tricky for DIY (especially as it needs to be a proper crimp, ideally PIDG or similar).