Fairline Turbo 36 Patio doors

phillipkelly

Visit site
I am trying to create an new entrance arrangement on a 36ft wooden motor boat which is undergoing restoration. She has rear mounted engines using V-drives so consequently has a raised aft deck above the engine room. This results in limited height for an entrance between this deck and the cabin roof. This rear wall of the cabin above the deck is angled forwards by approximately 15 degrees. The most practical solution it seems to me is to reproduce the arrangement used by that venerable classic, the Fairline Turbo 36. This uses a patio type sliding door mounted on the bulkhead and angled forwards which in effect produces a hybrid between a hatch and a door ie that it is stepped into rather than through. It produces an effect such that the door headroom is increased by the depth of the first step into the cabin. The question that I need to answer is what is the height of the door that is used on the Fairline? Knowing this would allow me to decide whether I have the room/height to make this arrangement work on my boat. An approach to Fairline direct has drawn a blank so I wonder whether any kind Turbo 36 owners out there would be able to get out a tape measure and find out this rather crucial dimension for me? Thanks to all in anticipation. Phil

phillipkelly

Visit site
Which measurements would you like? Just the door size? I am down this weekend and can do this for you.
That's absolutely brilliant. Thank you! The most important dimension I'm looking for is the height (and width) of the moving section of the door. It would also be useful if possible to measure the overall height and width of the assembly (including the fixed section) and including the frame.
Phil

Other threads that may be of interest