Everybody loves a Hallberg-Rassy (don't they?)...

Halcyon Yachts

www.halcyonyachts.com
Re the music - slight Fred Drift - what are the rules for adding music to your own vids on e.g. Youtube?

If you add music that Youtube recognises (i.e. signed/mainstream music) then they have the right to either add adverts to the video or in some cases ban the video or soundtrack. You sometimes see videos that won't play on mobile devices or that are banned in certain countries... That's usually why.

I try and avoid this by using unsigned bands. In this particular case I know Humphrey Milles, so have permission to use his work - I also think that he's pretty good!

Pete

johnalison

Visit site
I know Moon Wrasse well. The owner used to be our gastronomic advisor on HR rallies. He had had an arm rest made eecially for the saloon seat, of which he was very proud, though I thought it took up unnecessary space. The 34 is of course the best HR ever, not that I am biased of course.

Baggy

Visit site
When I arrived in the Azores in my old Westerly Conway
as did a Halberg Rassy at the same time

The first thing they did was remove all there wet cushions
and bedding to lay on deck

My boat was bone dry

Apparantly they had leaking ports and hatches
bloody shame eh

Westerly 1
Rassy 0

johnalison

Visit site
They use Lewmar hatches, which are as good or as bad as their maintainance as far as I know. I did sail in company with German friends with a HR 37 whose bedding got very wet, but that was the price of leaving a hatch ajar on passage. The Lewmar hatch handles tend to work loose, and that can lead to some drops getting in, so I check mine regularly and tighten when required.

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
cannot help the feeling that halcyon yachts are using the thread for advertising!!!

Yes they are, but I suppose any other commercial company in the world could also use the forum for free advertising, if they posted a nice little video... or am I naive, and there is a cosy little 'special arrangement' for Halcyon?

Stork_III

Visit site
I know Moon Wrasse well. The owner used to be our gastronomic advisor on HR rallies. He had had an arm rest made eecially for the saloon seat, of which he was very proud, though I thought it took up unnecessary space. The 34 is of course the best HR ever, not that I am biased of course.

+1 I am not biased either.