Everybody loves a Hallberg-Rassy (don't they?)...

TiggerToo

Visit site
Agree, it is a win win for both Halcyon and us, really enjoy the videos

I have no idea whether I'll ever need a delivery. And I hate adverts.
BUT:

Halcyon's videos are works of art and a great therapy for the troubled mind: I can imagine that it is not only me who feels a "pick-up" after watching them.

Well done Hal, keep them coming...

ronsurf

Visit site
If you add music that Youtube recognises (i.e. signed/mainstream music) then they have the right to either add adverts to the video or in some cases ban the video or soundtrack. You sometimes see videos that won't play on mobile devices or that are banned in certain countries... That's usually why.

I try and avoid this by using unsigned bands. In this particular case I know Humphrey Milles, so have permission to use his work - I also think that he's pretty good!

Pete

There are loads of unsigned bands with good music. Mine, for example!

johnalison

Visit site
I have no idea whether I'll ever need a delivery. And I hate adverts.
BUT:

Halcyon's videos are works of art and a great therapy for the troubled mind: I can imagine that it is not only me who feels a "pick-up" after watching them.

Well done Hal, keep them coming...
My impression is that the prime reason for these videos is to entertain us and any element of promotion is secondary and within the spirit of the forum. It's just a shame that I have to watch with the sound off but I seem to be outnumbered somewhat.

Ripster

Visit site
Pete from Halcyon has been kindly posting his videos on here for ages and the vast majority of peops enjoy them - me for one. Any "advertising" benefit is secondary IMO and perhaps some small reward for the hard work in their production. Keep them coming! :encouragement:

cmedsailor

Visit site
Pete from Halcyon has been kindly posting his videos on here for ages and the vast majority of peops enjoy them - me for one. Any "advertising" benefit is secondary IMO and perhaps some small reward for the hard work in their production. Keep them coming! :encouragement:

I agree. Excellent videos. Make you sail!!

Sandy Bottom

Visit site
Seeing as this thread is full of Smug HR owners ;) - what is the general opinion on a particular model in the mid 45' range for long term cruising two people - any preferences?

Halcyon Yachts

www.halcyonyachts.com
Thanks for all your comments (and support). The films are definitely a labour of love!

It is nice to think that they do help to get the Halcyon name out there... In terms of advertising though, I am probably doing more for Hallberg-Rassy, Musto and Spinlock! Perhaps I should work harder at making the deliveries look less appealing!!!

Westhinder, well spotted - It was a Starlight 35... Another lovely yacht!

Pete

westhinder

Visit site
Seeing as this thread is full of Smug HR owners ;) - what is the general opinion on a particular model in the mid 45' range for long term cruising two people - any preferences?
Not a smug HR owner myself, but happened to talk to one in the weekend. He had circumnavigated in his HR 46, took four years, subsequently left the boat in Turkey for a year and in the south of France for another year and is now back home. His boat looked in marvellous condition. He was quite satisfied with the boat, had had no major problems during his circumnavigation. He had the deck sanded while in Turkey and had the blue hull stripe repainted as that showed signs of the boat's travels. Apart from that, no refit needed.

johnalison

Visit site
I have a boat from the '90s early '00s and I have a preference for that generation of Frers designs. The 46 of that group is certainly a cracking boat. The later interiors are well planned but some economies have been made, as with the loss of the louvred lockers.

jonic

www.jryachts.com
Thanks for all your comments (and support). The films are definitely a labour of love!

It is nice to think that they do help to get the Halcyon name out there... In terms of advertising though, I am probably doing more for Hallberg-Rassy, Musto and Spinlock! Perhaps I should work harder at making the deliveries look less appealing!!!

Westhinder, well spotted - It was a Starlight 35... Another lovely yacht!

Pete

+1

I love your vids Pete and the work that goes into them shows.

After a long day in the office or pounding the pontoons they are truly relaxing.

Any "advertising" is a spin off and I for one don't mind at all (especially as they occasionally feature yachts I have sold! :cool:)

Keep 'em coming.

30boat

N/A
Visit site
I don't think they're beautiful at all.The styling seem heavy to me.More like sturdy and practical.I'd own one if I could but not because of it's looks.