Dylan Winter, where he at?

Max Campbell

Visit site
I've just re-found Dylan, and trying to understand the Fisher situation, then searched out this thread, and there's no apology for bumping it.

I've read the whole thread, and it's good to understand the history.

I'd just like to go on the record giving Dylan a positive vote of thanks for all the effort he went in to, both doing the sailing and the thankless task (almost literally) of editing and publishing videos. I bought a set of DVD's, but haven't contributed enough, over the years, to allow Dylan to spend the necessary amount of time making content.

I hope I bump into him somewhere between the Deben, and my home port of Brightlingsea - at Morgan Marine next year, on the pontoons.

I had the honour of being filmed by him twice - second time at Shotley, here

Sunny265

Visit site
The 24-page epic thread about the copyrighted photo that Dylan used without permission: I have just been Alan Mackie'd

I think I honestly must conclude that Mr Winter is some kind of black hole of unrealised irony.

He's a content creator who relies on copyright for his own livelihood, who gets annoyed with people, calling them freeloaders, who view for free the videos he published openly on a public platform. Then he freeloads someone else's creative content and gets annoyed when they send him a demand to be paid for their work!

Nothing against the bloke personally, but I have to laugh!

He seemed to have quite a bit of support in the Alan Mackie thread - plenty of people agreeing with him that "it's only a photo" - so not like he was bullied away.
Totally agree, a very clever and talented man and his KTL videos were outstanding, DW was one of the YouTube contributors who influenced me to buy a boat, does that mean that I owe him money?
I got fed up with his moaning about money all the time…