Dylan and KTL, I'm confused. Help

madabouttheboat

Visit site
Work has kept me off the forums recently and I now have no idea what is going on with Dylan and KTL.

Last I knew he was on his way up the east coast in Katie L and planning a jaunt around Scotland.

Reading some recent threads I see that he has now bought a Centaur, is hiring out Katie L to someone else and is off across the North sea to Holland.

Please, please, please, can someone bring me up to speed.

Thanks

prv

Visit site
Northern Scotland held so much appeal that his kids, a girlfriend, the missus, and the dog now want to come too. They won't fit in Katie L. He was also worried about her bumping around in rough Scottish fishing harbours. So he's acquired a temporary Centaur for this part of the trip, to be sold on afterwards and return to Katie L.

Not quite sure what's behind lending Katie out, but maybe it's better for a boat to be used than laid up.

He came down to the Solent to buy the Centaur, this being the epicentre of UK sailing ( :) ) and hence more boats available. Now he needs to get the Centaur up to where the KTL journey left off, without dilly-dallying around as he usually has. So the plan is a non-stop (or one-stop) hack up the North Sea to Scotland. I don't think he's going to Holland (unless I've missed something).

Clearer now?

Pete

Wandering Star

Visit site
I hadn't realised he'd acquired a Centaur and thought he was still looking? Agree about the Solent being undoubtedly the epicentre of UK sailing though.

madabouttheboat

Visit site
Northern Scotland held so much appeal that his kids, a girlfriend, the missus, and the dog now want to come too. They won't fit in Katie L. He was also worried about her bumping around in rough Scottish fishing harbours. So he's acquired a temporary Centaur for this part of the trip, to be sold on afterwards and return to Katie L.

Not quite sure what's behind lending Katie out, but maybe it's better for a boat to be used than laid up.

He came down to the Solent to buy the Centaur, this being the epicentre of UK sailing ( :) ) and hence more boats available. Now he needs to get the Centaur up to where the KTL journey left off, without dilly-dallying around as he usually has. So the plan is a non-stop (or one-stop) hack up the North Sea to Scotland. I don't think he's going to Holland (unless I've missed something).

Clearer now?

Pete

Thanks, that's perfect. Sorry about the Holland bit. I was getting confused between the non stop trip from the Medway up to Scotland and the possible trip over to Holland to look at a Centaur.

All clear now and ready for the next installment. :)

Buck Turgidson

Visit site

Clearer now?

Pete

If he's going to take a girlfriend and his missus I will be paying more attention the his blog as it could be very entertaining ;-)