Drink boating in France

Andrew_Bray

Visit site
Does anyone know if there are drink sailing laws in France? Or Spain for that matter? I know there are in Holland and Belgium, as well as USA and Australia.

trouville

N/A
Visit site
YES! You must drink French Wine and other drinks.If you are found very drunk on your boat which has just flounderd on well marked rocks you will just have to cover your damage costs.
If you damage another boat then you will have no excuse.I suppose i shouldent have entered locks after breakfast haveing an OB without good breaks but apart from a lot of reverse wash i hardly left a scratch.

Better never drink strong drink!Stay with GOOD French wine,then youll always be in good humor and relaxed

B175Chris

Visit site
In fact, the french pull people over now just to make SURE they've had a skinful of their wine, if you're found fully sober you're in for it! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oliveoyl

www.yotblog.com
If there are none, there should be!!!! last weekend, we volunteered to sail on a friend's Sigma from Nieuwport to Dunkerque, where he was to take up a new permanent mooring. Said friend has been manic depressive for a few years, and is currently on an "up" (read screaming mad). We thought that doing a simple 15 mile trip, with old friends might help to ground him, before he either goes through the ceiling, or falls once again into a long bout of depression.
Wrong on all counts! And his "euphoric" state was certainly not helped by consumption of phenomenal quantities of beer. This is not the place to go into the gory details, but even Popeye went all abstemious, to stay in control of the situation.
The "worst of" moments:
- Skipper makes unilateral decision to leave at 06:45 (10:00 had been agreed with crew previous evening)
-Crew still asleep, skipper touches two boats leaving pontoon
- In harbpour channel, engine starts to smoke and water comes in through engine
-After much persuasion, and threats of mutiny, we turn round, identify problem as blown exhaust, go off to buy another
- consider abandoning this mission - skip says he'll do it alone. No way
-finally leave at 11:30, having missed the tide
-arrive 20:00 at Dunkerque, touching another 2 boats on the way in - skip refuses to hand helm to anyone else, but we were risking limbs to keep him off the other boats

So if drink boating is illegal in Belgium and France, where were the bleedin' keufs?

This guy is a danger to himself and others. But what to do? Grass on him? Wait till he kills himself / someone else?

With hindsight (always the crew member we should have had on board) ....

Wunja

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, the french pull people over now just to make SURE they've had a skinful of their wine, if you're found fully sober you're in for it! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't let the Dutch catch you with red wine in the tanks!
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

trouville

N/A
Visit site
There are some that shouldent drink.Even water,Its very depresing,as GOOD wine make one happy content and good humor.

I seem to have a "spel check" underlineing words but i cant imagin why?(imagin is undelined?)

There are also those that are not quite at one with the sea,they should go with a competeant crew or day sail.

As for drinking on passage a glass or two after breakfast helps the navigation a glass or two the 11.00 o.clock and a glass or two with lunch.spread as it is contentments assured.

And before someone note i once fell asleep on passage i had drunk about 4dl of 60 degree brandy!To keep the cold out?I also thought it tasted very nice with a slice of duck!I wont drink strong dring on passage ever again!!Just good wine.

My eyes just closed and i coldent stay awake it was impossiable!The Brandy was very very good and i had very pleasent dreams and awoke content albeit very close to shore.The brandy wasent at fault but the skipper for thinking i could try it!(at about 2am.ill never forget!My home almost ran on the beach)