Dogs on pontoons

D

Deleted member 36384

Well, it’s just going to get worse, more dogs, more shit, more out of control, more running up and jumping on you, more excuses that it’s a rescue dog that would have been electrocuted, more packs as the return to works release the dog into a woods near you, more sad people calling dogs their babies and treating them as if they are human, more Rotacockapoodles as greedy owners shag their dogs for puppy money greed, more grooming salons and dogs with stupid bows and jewelry, more camper homes caravan towing retired people as the sad dog owners can’t leave their babies in a dog home because the animal is psychotic and should have been electrocuted. It’s a dog life.

anoccasionalyachtsman

Visit site
Well, it’s just going to get worse, more dogs, more shit, more out of control, more running up and jumping on you, more excuses that it’s a rescue dog that would have been electrocuted, more packs as the return to works release the dog into a woods near you, more sad people calling dogs their babies and treating them as if they are human, more Rotacockapoodles as greedy owners shag their dogs for puppy money greed, more grooming salons and dogs with stupid bows and jewelry, more camper homes caravan towing retired people as the sad dog owners can’t leave their babies in a dog home because the animal is psychotic and should have been electrocuted. It’s a dog life.
Just had your first coffee?

Biggles Wader

Visit site
-------more silly old farts on the internet moaning endlessly about it(and everything else) too.

Caraway

Visit site
and even sillier ones moaning about silly old farts on the internet moaning endlessly about it(and everything else) too.
I think we may be seeing an effect rather boringly known as Infinity Mirrors (no. it isn't me)

GettyImages-707549445-4cff07c.jpg

Moodysailor

Visit site
We're happy dog-owners, and with having a staffie comes a certain 'social responsibility' regards being on lead and control around others due to the stigma they hold for many. We're not holier than thou so I shan't try to pretend that we, or he is perfect but we've never had an issue with noise, aggression or crap on our pontoon and our new neighbour on the pontoon next to us I think likes our dog more than we do! :ROFLMAO:

The only annoying thing the little bugger does is wee against the mast from time to time :p

If you have a "problem dog" and it's not a stray, the issue is almost certainly at the other end of the lead.....

dgadee

Visit site
We're happy dog-owners, and with having a staffie comes a certain 'social responsibility' regards being on lead and control around others due to the stigma they hold for many. We're not holier than thou so I shan't try to pretend that we, or he is perfect but we've never had an issue with noise, aggression or crap on our pontoon and our new neighbour on the pontoon next to us I think likes our dog more than we do! :ROFLMAO:

The only annoying thing the little bugger does is wee against the mast from time to time :p

If you have a "problem dog" and it's not a stray, the issue is almost certainly at the other end of the lead.....

No, the issue is too many dogs.

Reminds me of our winter in Almerimar. Every corner of a building or wall was stinking, from peeing dogs, up to 12" off the ground. Disgusting.

ProMariner

Visit site
I don't dislike dogs, but when they lick me, my skin falls off, when they wander into my house or boat to investigate an interesting smell, I get asthma until I've cleaned it all down, and when I get dog shit on the carpet at home from my shoes, it sucks.

Thanks to the dog owners who train their dogs, keep them on a lead less than 30 foot, and clean up after them.

Bring back dog licences. As others have said, it's a big responsibility, both to the dog, and others who may be affected. Not everyone is cut out for such duty, and some should be barred.

dom

Visit site
Bring back dog licences. As others have said, it's a big responsibility, both to the dog, and others who may be affected. Not everyone is cut out for such duty, and some should be barred.

Interestingly, the RSPCA agrees with you on this and according to their surveys so do over 75% of dog owners.

Their support is however contingent on money raised being kept entirely separate from general taxation and politics.

dgadee

Visit site
Interestingly, the RSPCA agrees with you on this and according to their surveys so do over 75% of dog owners.

Their support is however contingent on money raised being kept entirely separate from general taxation and politics.

NI has dog licences and loads of dog shit.