Dinghy and outboard in Lefkas

mferraby

Visit site
My dinghy has seen better days and the outboard could do with being replaced too. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to get a new one? I would really like to get a lightly used one, if possible. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

RupertW

Visit site
There is a place in Nidri that does second hand ones, it's on the road out towards Vliho

We bought our Torqueedo from the supplier near the pontoon ends in Levkas marina. Best buy we've every made (even if the bracket is now with a mechanic to unfreeze it after I left it outside and ungreased all winter. And the current models have double the battery storage of ours - unnecessary but I can imagine might be useful if you are a mile or more each way from boat to harbourside.

We also meant to change our 3m heavy rib but have stuck with it for 3 more years so far.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
two places
one by the bus station Marina stores .
the other just as you leave the marina main gates ,cross the road second turning on the left ,there a bank on the corner.
both will do you a deal ,

AndrewB

Visit site
The place is called Nydri Marine, on the waterfront. Beware though, they take no responsibility for the second-hand stuff they sell, much of which is of dubious antiquity. They do sell new dinghies and outboards at not unreasonable prices.

Also check out Georges in the main street in Nidri. A veritable junkyard of chandlery, some secondhand, some new (at least, when he got it). He might just have something of interest, though his prices are all over the place, some bargains, some definitely not.

For your dinghy, I would definitely try Ionian Marine Safety in Lefkas Town. They are liferaft and dinghy service/repair agents but do sell some secondhand kit, good people to deal with.

Last edited:

mferraby

Visit site
The place is called Nydri Marine, on the waterfront. Beware though, they take no responsibility for the second-hand stuff they sell, much of which is of dubious antiquity. They do sell new dinghies and outboards at not unreasonable prices.

Also check out Georges in the main street in Nidri. A veritable junkyard of chandlery, some secondhand, some new (at least, when he got it). He might just have something of interest, though his prices are all over the place, some bargains, some definitely not.

For your dinghy, I would definitely try Ionian Marine Safety in Lefkas Town. They are liferaft and dinghy service/repair agents but do sell some secondhand kit, good people to deal with.

Thanks for that, too. I will give them all a try. I'm there a couple of days before my wife comes out so it will give me time to zap round them all.

overstag

Visit site
I am looking for a lighter dinghy and engine.
If you're interested, I will sell you my BRIGG F310 rib and Yamaha 8hp two stroke outboard.
I'm moored on a pontoon behind Nidri Marine now.