Diesel Polishing

geem

Visit site
You
You won't recognize the value of the Racor until you've had to change a filter at sea. There's two key differences: It's easy to open and close (the CAV bolt was making me very angry) and the fuel stays in the housing rather than spilling all over the everything. Also, with the fuel staying in, it's ready to go, no priming.
Don't need to go to the expense of Racor. Any car type spin on fuel filter head is way better than the CAV type. You are then buying filters at car spares prices not marine prices

ColourfulOwl

www.colourfulowl.com
You won't recognize the value of the Racor until you've had to change a filter at sea. There's two key differences: It's easy to open and close (the CAV bolt was making me very angry) and the fuel stays in the housing rather than spilling all over the everything. Also, with the fuel staying in, it's ready to go, no priming.
Not yet gone through the rigmarole of doing a full service on the engine. I guess I'll figure out how complex it is to swap this filter in the next couple of months just before the season starts :)

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Get a decent polythene bag and encase the lot in it undo the bolt and drop the lot in the bag put the diesel back in your tank or discard it with the oil from the engine. It's easy to then put it back together with a new filter. without getting any diesel spillage stinking the boat out. It's a particularly useful trick if you have to dot it at sea.