dekpa to be stamped every month while sailing

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Hi guy's, JHC I've only been away from the boating world for 18 months and how things have changed, what with the DEKPA, Cruising Tax and the possibility of the Cruising Log and may be lots more unmentionables due to us Brits becoming non EU.
I'm not sure about the way to go on this. I'm working to get back on the water in Greece next season. I am taking ownership of another boat very soon but it will not be going in the water till next year. When do you think I should notify the authorities and apply for a DEKPA?
Any thoughts and advice will be much appreciated
Apply when you go into the water. Boat's out do not need one. Remember that the tax will also be sound from Jan 2018

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi guy's, JHC I've only been away from the boating world for 18 months and how things have changed, what with the DEKPA, Cruising Tax and the possibility of the Cruising Log and may be lots more unmentionables due to us Brits becoming non EU.
I'm not sure about the way to go on this. I'm working to get back on the water in Greece next season. I am taking ownership of another boat very soon but it will not be going in the water till next year. When do you think I should notify the authorities and apply for a DEKPA?
Any thoughts and advice will be much appreciated
As Jodanbasset said , wait till your ready to go in or better still wait till your in .
With some luck this tax won't be in next year at less till later in the year .
At the moment we not sure if we bother going back to Greece if there a real charge of this taxs @100€ pm

grumpygit

Visit site
Thanks guy's, very pleased your along with my thoughts, I just needed some assurance that I was thinking along the right lines.
Just moving on to another tack . . . . it will/would be great shame if people moved away from Greece to other waters. I do realise the extra tax cost but the cost of living and sailing in Greece is as low as I know within the EU or any of the close ally countries. I feel as though the grass definitely isn't greener . . . .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Thanks guy's, very pleased your along with my thoughts, I just needed some assurance that I was thinking along the right lines.
Just moving on to another tack . . . . it will/would be great shame if people moved away from Greece to other waters. I do realise the extra tax cost but the cost of living and sailing in Greece is as low as I know within the EU or any of the close ally countries. I feel as though the grass definitely isn't greener . . . .

Hi Grumpygit
This is where I disagree with many here , but not so many out in the fields .
We sailed in Geeece for quite a while but at the same time we also sailed in may other country , some years we done both , this year Greece Sicily Malta .
Last year Greece Croatia Italy Sicily Malta
The year before Sicily Greece Turkey thos just goes on , unlike many especially here who from year to year sail only in Greece and know no better .
This is our opinion, food in every country I just mention is no more expense then Greece if you shop in the right place , in Croatia and Turkey we found food cheaper for sure in Italy and Croatia there much more choice and a lot fresher .
Fuel in Malta and Croatia is cheaper ,
So I expect then have to talk about anchorages harbours and marinas ,
So let talk about them , Croatia , there a charge for cruising , and next year it's going up ,marinas are eye watering in the summer months and harbour can be expenses too , but there are thousand of free anchorage free , yes there are some you have to pay for if you anchor in a bay with an mooring field .
Turkey , again a charge for entering the country , again thousands of free anchorages , Marina i wouldn't say are any more expensive in the summer then in Greece , town quay some are free other there a cost .
Italy no charging for sailing in the country , again marinas hight summer are not cheap but we have sailed all the west and east coast of Italy and where we not been able to anchor wemused harbour at no cost .
This leave Greece , well there a charge for the DEKPA, and now possible an Tax , if you boat happen to be over 12mts an hight tax at that , just like Turkey and Croatia thousand of free anchorages , but town quay are no longer free , its more likely now to have to pay then not , and charges are anything from 10€ to some case 30 and more plus in some harbour you will get charge for two day if you stay one night , marinas are not cheap in the summer months around the same in Turkey or Italy ,
So I rest my case .

Last edited:

grumpygit

Visit site
Just a quick-ish reply sailaboutvic because I don't want to hijack this thread too much.
We were based in N.E. Italy 2007 to 09, everything eye watering, My marina was 6.5k euro pa. food and products ok only if you hit the larger supermarkets such as Bennetts, and they are always miles away from any berthing.
Croatia we found the same, 07 to 10, yes fuel was cheaper but we were trying to sail our passage, A night on the outside wall at Umag €55 per night, no water or electric. ACI marinas even more. I've heard lots of the best anchorages are now full of chargeable mooring bouys, food was sparse and mediocre in quality and price.
I get very mixed messages about Turkey these days, but not a favourite of the people I meet for costs, and the way the Turkish Gullets and yachts flood into Greece I would think this says a lot.
I have been but never sailed Malta, nor Sicily.
Greek port fees circa 0.45 cents per metre per night, 2 weeks ago I paid €1.17 per litre for diesel. very good meat and products and very reasonable, fruit and veg abundant and cheap enough. This is my brief-ish case.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Just a quick-ish reply sailaboutvic because I don't want to hijack this thread too much.
We were based in N.E. Italy 2007 to 09, everything eye watering, My marina was 6.5k euro pa. food and products ok only if you hit the larger supermarkets such as Bennetts, and they are always miles away from any berthing.
Croatia we found the same, 07 to 10, yes fuel was cheaper but we were trying to sail our passage, A night on the outside wall at Umag €55 per night, no water or electric. ACI marinas even more. I've heard lots of the best anchorages are now full of chargeable mooring bouys, food was sparse and mediocre in quality and price.
I get very mixed messages about Turkey these days, but not a favourite of the people I meet for costs, and the way the Turkish Gullets and yachts flood into Greece I would think this says a lot.
I have been but never sailed Malta, nor Sicily.
Greek port fees circa 0.45 cents per metre per night, 2 weeks ago I paid €1.17 per litre for diesel. very good meat and products and very reasonable, fruit and veg abundant and cheap enough. This is my brief-ish case.

Like you I don't want to hijack this thread , but just to say your well out of touch. More then you know .
Greek port fees 0.45 in your dreams , lots of port now charges 15 or 20 euros , and that's not unsually, the only one night I used a port on Paxos in May last year it cost me 25 euros with some Chargeing for two days fee for one over night stop .in other words if it 20€ you end up paying 40€ for the night .
As for Marina fee you get a berth in a Greek Marina June July Aug and see what the charge you ,
Greece is no longer a cheap cruising area . As you will very soon see .
The only plus with Greece is , there thousands of anchorages free , Just like Croatia and Turkey . Oh you out of touch about Croatia , there amount of bays taken up by moor buoy goes no where compair the thousand of free anchorages .

Last edited:

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I am afraid Vic is right, 2 days charge is common in the Soronic gulf now for a 14 m boat that's only 18 € a night but it has doubled.
Add the tax that's supposedly coming that's another 150€ a week more expensive than before.
I have complained about it to the port authority who just smile and agree in most cases ,they say Tipras wanting money to pay the debt down.
The other problem is the number of people with more money than sence that always compare it to South of England marinas.

grumpygit

Visit site
I will look in this this locally. I have been told already that there is only 25% of the private business around than there was 5 years ago. Where are all these "Marina's" or is it name changing as in what was called Ports? Do have to blame the charter companies that are commercial and have a minimalistic mooring fee's?

jordanbasset

Visit site
We do have a marina berth but tie to harbour walls a lot (probably around 100 nights or so) and for the whole of this season just gone we spent less than £30 on harbour dues. It may change in the future but there are still some harbours in the Ionian that are free. Being under 10m hopefully the tax will not effect us too much either.

Last edited:

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I will look in this this locally. I have been told already that there is only 25% of the private business around than there was 5 years ago. Where are all these "Marina's" or is it name changing as in what was called Ports? Do have to blame the charter companies that are commercial and have a minimalistic mooring fee's?

Yes all the ports in the Saronic now charge double for the first night, then it goes a little cloudy after that with many variations .
I have left the area and am now close to the airport and do not get charged at all .

grumpygit

Visit site
Yes all the ports in the Saronic now charge double for the first night, then it goes a little cloudy after that with many variations .
I have left the area and am now close to the airport and do not get charged at all .

I know of two in the Saronic where the standard rates apply, not sure where you go and this is a list of port rate charges from noonsite http://www.noonsite.com/Countries/Greece/Countries/Greece/greece-harbour-dues-cut . . . . unless you have a more upto date list.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I know of two in the Saronic where the standard rates apply, not sure where you go and this is a list of port rate charges from noonsite http://www.noonsite.com/Countries/Greece/Countries/Greece/greece-harbour-dues-cut . . . . unless you have a more upto date list.

Firstly you looking at a posting that now three years old , secondly in the real world the figures given was nothing to do with mooring charges , thirdly , if you wish to disbelieve what's being said , that's fine ,
Even before 2014 small harbours in some cases little fishing harbour on small islands was leased to private contractors and they can charge what ever they like .
I wish I didn't start this now , it nothing to me if you want to believe charges are .40 cent or zero .
I was only trying to put you right , just as I did with your question about the DEKPA and help .
It's a shame that when people try and correct wrong info that people take that as a competition to google stuff to try and prove them wrong .
Yes there are some free harbour still but things are chaging very quickly in Greece when it involve money for mooring
And I sure there be a lot more this year .
Good luck with you new boat .

Last edited:

grumpygit

Visit site
OK Vic, I'm not trying to cause distress or argue with you. I'm just trying to understand through discussion and even debate, there is nothing unhealthy in these. This is the whole purpose of a forum
I have two places in the Saronic that charge at the "old" rate, I know the collectors personally. If Noonsite is out of date please let us all in to the new charges. What I quoted was of the latest off the Noonsite and footnoted that the information was supplied by the Cruising Association. I can only go on information supplied. If you have documented knowledge of an other please let us all know. We all like to be educated by facts.