dekpa to be stamped every month while sailing

TRUNDLETRUC

Visit site
I got my new DEKPA this May. I may not be back in Greece by May 2018 so I asked the nice Port Police lady what to do and she said have it stamped before I leave.
I leave this week, we will see what happens on Monday?

TRUNDLETRUC

Visit site
Further to my previous comment - we are now certain we will be back in Greece before the DEKPA expires so I did not go to the port police, so I am none the wiser whether it can be renewed before the 1st January next year? Sorry

billcole

Visit site
Further to my previous comment - we are now certain we will be back in Greece before the DEKPA expires so I did not go to the port police, so I am none the wiser whether it can be renewed before the 1st January next year? Sorry

I had mine stamped twice this year at Preveza, for exactly the reason you considered having your's done, no problem, and the new expiry date of 1 year after the last stamp was entered on the form.

Happydaze

Visit site
I called in Preveza port police this morning to get my DEKPA stamped again before I left Greece and spoke to Anna who consulted her boss and then told me their brief at present is that whenever I return and present my documents, they will stamp the DEKPA again for another years cruising.

jordanbasset

Visit site
I had mine stamped twice this year at Preveza, for exactly the reason you considered having your's done, no problem, and the new expiry date of 1 year after the last stamp was entered on the form.

Yes just did the same yesterday, our first stamp was the beginning of May and weren't sure we would be back in time, now no need for another stamp for 12 months now.

JFowler

Visit site
In Karystos they refused to stamp my DEPKA, saying it wasn't due. The women in charge ( it always seems to be a women) told me to get it stamped in my 1st port of call next year even if it's 'overdue'.
As has been mentioned before no consistency.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
What is the procedure if a boat has been out of commission in a boatyard for the last three years for a variety of reasons. There could be boat reasons (repair) or skipper reasons (health, personal circumstances etc) or a combination of both. The boat is under 10 meters so never before needed a DEPKA, Any guesses what to do?

Edit There are also a number of skippers who own two boats. One is ashore in Greece the other may (or may not) be used in Greece. It would not be complicated if the rule did not apply if the boat was ashore.

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
It's all up and down at the moment , remember this is the first year this is happening .
There was some stuff about if your boat is on the hard and the PP had your papers you didn't have to pay , but if hat still stand it's another thing .
What I would do if my boat was on the hard come next year go and buy a new DEPKA , keep,recite showing the boat was in the hard and take them with you to the PP , I sure it be ok in the end .
As it stand not even the PP know what's what

Chris_Robb

Visit site
What is the procedure if a boat has been out of commission in a boatyard for the last three years for a variety of reasons. There could be boat reasons (repair) or skipper reasons (health, personal circumstances etc) or a combination of both. The boat is under 10 meters so never before needed a DEPKA, Any guesses what to do?

Edit There are also a number of skippers who own two boats. One is ashore in Greece the other may (or may not) be used in Greece. It would not be complicated if the rule did not apply if the boat was ashore.

You should be ok in that you are ashore, so take a copy of the receipt with you and just get your first DEKPA as described.

JF Fowler: in Karystos. They are correct - that is how the regulation is worded. It should be renewed ON the due date. Here's to hoping that there will be flexibility as has been shown already. The CA is pursuing this at the moment - bit slow to get answers!!! There is always a danger that my endeavours will just result in the Greeks insisting that all PP do it the same way.:disgust:

Also chasing up the Cruising tax which has gone very quiet - but with Croatia at it, the Greeks may decide to do it.....

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Thanks. I hoped that would be the case. I will take the receipts and get a new DEKPA next year. Actually I delayed launch this year because of the heat. Then Ionian Marine added a large annex to their existing storage with a new field. That makes two large additions in a few years. Lots of space now. However, the yard has only one travel lift so priority is given to hauling so folk are discouraged to launch for just a few weeks (at this time of the year). I must admit that they would have launched me if I had insisted. Other folk also had to insist to launch. All good natured but WOW it will take them two years to launch all the boats here right now if they all decided to launch. So out of commission boats and the DEKPA will be a big issue soon in the Ionian boatyards. Thanks again for the reply.

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Ionian has alway been good when we asked to be lifted or launch , may had to wait a day or two .
There lots of died boats in the yard and worst their fees are not being paid and there nothing they can do about them.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
You should be ok in that you are ashore, so take a copy of the receipt with you and just get your first DEKPA as described.

JF Fowler: in Karystos. They are correct - that is how the regulation is worded. It should be renewed ON the due date. Here's to hoping that there

Also chasing up the Cruising tax which has gone very quiet - but with Croatia at it, the Greeks may decide to do it.....

Am i to understand you,you are chasing up the Cruising tax?
Does the CA have this authority to liaise with any ministry. I know you think you are doing good work for your members, some however may see it differently.
And before some of jump on me I have been cruising out here since 1995 and understand what lots of Greeks think when "the English" meddle in their affairs.

Flica

Visit site
Does this thread not show the depth of ill-nature into which the posters can fall.

Don't offer any information, or you'll be attacked from all sides by the irritated seeking the innocent.

Caladh

Visit site
Does the CA have this authority to liaise with any ministry. I know you think you are doing good work for your members, some however may see it differently.
And before some of jump on me I have been cruising out here since 1995 and understand what lots of Greeks think when "the English" meddle in their affairs.

...oh dear

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Richard. I don't like to meddle just get a sensible implementation.
The CA were totally responsible for the change in port police duties. And also the forcing of the Greeks to correct their temporary import laws when they changed them to 6 months.

Meddling. absolutely yes where we need to!

grumpygit

Visit site
Hi guy's, JHC I've only been away from the boating world for 18 months and how things have changed, what with the DEKPA, Cruising Tax and the possibility of the Cruising Log and may be lots more unmentionables due to us Brits becoming non EU.
I'm not sure about the way to go on this. I'm working to get back on the water in Greece next season. I am taking ownership of another boat very soon but it will not be going in the water till next year. When do you think I should notify the authorities and apply for a DEKPA?
Any thoughts and advice will be much appreciated