dekpa to be stamped every month while sailing

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi AW
Where did you get that info from?
The new rules are that you have to get it stamp before one year from the last stamp .
The confusion at the moment is , what will happen if you don't
The rumours are that you will be fined , others say you have to buy a new one .
The truth is , no one knows , my guess and it's only a guess , that they will do as they always have done and turn a blind eye and stamp it , unless you happen to be dealing with an B of an PP officer

Artic Warrior

Visit site
In the dekpa there is a section of pages which are for the months cruising and to be filled out and stamped every month and another page at the back which is to be filled put once a year.
I got mine done in loutra adipsos north evia.
He spoke supurb English and explained all the pages.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Dekpa rules were changed around three years ago. It has not been necessary to report to PP or to have it stamped monthly since that date. There has been a Greek language note to that effect posted here and on CA website. Loutra Adipsou is one of those locations like Porto Heli where the PP seems to make up their own rules.

Artic Warrior

Visit site
I hope your right viv as would make life easier....but I'm concerned about the pages in the new dekpa that are for the monthly stamp... and next to the 8 arrival sections is a departure section. ... maybe this is for if you leave the eu for Turkey etc.
Seems unclear for sure...
Dekpa rules were changed around three years ago. It has not been necessary to report to PP or to have it stamped monthly since that date. There has been a Greek language note to that effect posted here and on CA website. Loutra Adipsou is one of those locations like Porto Heli where the PP seems to make up their own rules.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I hope your right viv as would make life easier....but I'm concerned about the pages in the new dekpa that are for the monthly stamp... and next to the 8 arrival sections is a departure section. ... maybe this is for if you leave the eu for Turkey etc.
Seems unclear for sure...
AW - the monthly stamps have been presumed to be for when or hopefully IF the new tax comes in. The same goes for departure page - just ignore it - and Loutra always talk rubbish! If they do stamp them - that may cause other port police to wonder what is going on. The rules clearly state once a year. As Vic says - there is still a lack of knowledge as to what will happen next year. According to the Greek instructions it has to be stamped on the same day each year!!! Accordingly there is provision for you to employ an agent to do this. Unfortunately the Greeks go in for this kind of stupidity.

When you see how long it takes them to issue a new on (if your late) I am sure they wont be bothered in reality and will just stamp your and not ask for money - which would mean they would have to issue a new one.

Its all greek to me! Reminds me - they will be back from hols - time to chase up again on this issue - they dont do quick so we might get an answer by March

Cariadco

Visit site
Popped into the Gouvia Marina PP, this morning, and both the Guy there and the girl confirmed that the DEKPA needs stamping annually, but before the previous year's entry date ie mine was stamped this year on the 5th May, so In need it stamped again, anytime between 1st January 2018 to the 4th May 2018.
Simples...!

jordanbasset

Visit site
Popped into the Gouvia Marina PP, this morning, and both the Guy there and the girl confirmed that the DEKPA needs stamping annually, but before the previous year's entry date ie mine was stamped this year on the 5th May, so In need it stamped again, anytime between 1st January 2018 to the 4th May 2018.
Simples...!

Yes that is what I was told as well

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Me too, definitely to be stamped annually before the expiry date - and that is also from Gouvia Marina PP

I am glad some PP are sensible! I think thats the easy bit though. I am worried about the owner who through illness perhaps, comes back to his boat many months after the expiry date. The boat is out of use in that time, but the rules say he should be fined - there is no provision in the law to issue another £50 DEKPA. I suspect common sense will prevail and that they will just issue the new document - however PP at Kos said - they would just back date the stamp as they couldn't be bothered to do all the documentation associated with a new DEKPA!

Flica

Visit site
This is a bee in the bonnet of the Edipso Loutra Port Police.
He told me exactly the same.
I was refused stamps in Alimos, Fiskardo and in Kalamata - all these PP said you only had it stamped once a year (on entry to the water) and once a year (when out of commission).
It's probably best to humour him as he issues the DEKPA with no hassles and most efficiently.

AndrewB

Visit site
Simples...!

+1. As you say, simples. Unlike previous years, no PP we have yet encountered has decided to impose his own, different rules.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
This is a bee in the bonnet of the Edipso Loutra Port Police.
He told me exactly the same.
I was refused stamps in Alimos, Fiskardo and in Kalamata - all these PP said you only had it stamped once a year (on entry to the water) and once a year (when out of commission).
It's probably best to humour him as he issues the DEKPA with no hassles and most efficiently.
Well this is also rubbish, as it only requires one stamp PER YEAR.

You seem, or the PP do, to be longing for the Cruising Tax to be implemented - now with that you may indeed need you to be stamped into use and stamped when out of use. But we are not there yet.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Well this is also rubbish, as it only requires one stamp PER YEAR.

You seem, or the PP do, to be longing for the Cruising Tax to be implemented - now with that you may indeed need you to be stamped into use and stamped when out of use. But we are not there yet.

Chris , not sure why you and the rest of us keep repeating our self ,
some of us keep telling them over and over again and they still come back with this stuff .
" the PP said this the PP said that "
If they don't want to beleve, just let them get on with it .