Cutlass 27 - Essex

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Due to a change in circumstances I have been able to buy a 1986 Vancouver 274 (no I didn't win the lottery!). It all happened rather quickly and so I am now the owner of a 1968 Cutlass 27 and the V274.

Having bought the Cutlass for about £6k midway through 2009 I had her rerigged and added a removable inner forestay before launching. Over winter 2009 / 2010 I added new genoa, main & spray hood, added Standard Horizon CP300 with AIS, Echomax transponder, NASA wind, log and depth, VHF etc. The engine is a Yanmar 1GM10 - did have some problems last season but a new head gasket seems to have cured. In Sept '13 I had the antifouling blasted off back to the epoxy and there is no sign of osmosis.

For those who have seen pictures of her I am keeping the Sea Feather wind vane!

Internally she needs TLC. I have relined the forecabin and put in new bunk cushions, but main cabin needs updating. It is usable!

Second hand boats don't have a lot of financial value but they do (to me) have sentimental value. What I would love to see is Karouise go to someone who will use her, ideally in the JAC or Trans Atlantic. I am not looking to give her away but equally I am very open to offers of less than I paid for her (ignoring the cost of the updating I have done). I have had some great sailing in her.

If any Jester knows of someone who would use her please let me know. Being of a suspicious nature I am not going to offer her to the first person who comes along but would hope that person comes with a recommend from a regular on the forum.

She is at Morgan's yard in Brightlingsea - I have pictures! PM me an email address if you know someone who might be interested. At end of Jan if nothing is moving via this route she will go on the market.

alant

Visit site
Due to a change in circumstances I have been able to buy a 1986 Vancouver 274 (no I didn't win the lottery!). It all happened rather quickly and so I am now the owner of a 1968 Cutlass 27 and the V274.

Having bought the Cutlass for about £6k midway through 2009 I had her rerigged and added a removable inner forestay before launching. Over winter 2009 / 2010 I added new genoa, main & spray hood, added Standard Horizon CP300 with AIS, Echomax transponder, NASA wind, log and depth, VHF etc. The engine is a Yanmar 1GM10 - did have some problems last season but a new head gasket seems to have cured. In Sept '13 I had the antifouling blasted off back to the epoxy and there is no sign of osmosis.

For those who have seen pictures of her I am keeping the Sea Feather wind vane!

Internally she needs TLC. I have relined the forecabin and put in new bunk cushions, but main cabin needs updating. It is usable!

Second hand boats don't have a lot of financial value but they do (to me) have sentimental value. What I would love to see is Karouise go to someone who will use her, ideally in the JAC or Trans Atlantic. I am not looking to give her away but equally I am very open to offers of less than I paid for her (ignoring the cost of the updating I have done). I have had some great sailing in her.

If any Jester knows of someone who would use her please let me know. Being of a suspicious nature I am not going to offer her to the first person who comes along but would hope that person comes with a recommend from a regular on the forum.

She is at Morgan's yard in Brightlingsea - I have pictures! PM me an email address if you know someone who might be interested. At end of Jan if nothing is moving via this route she will go on the market.

pm sent