Counter wave slap noise

Visit site
In my default mooring position my counter stern points towards a 300m fetch. When the wind and/or tide picks up small waves slap and tap under the counter.

Is there a solution to this noise? I have a vague recollection of seeing a lightweight blow-up fender design that wraps around a counter stern at sea level.

I would only use this device while on board at my home berth so I would not be too concerned about the build up of slime or portability.

<hr width=100% size=1>

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Er . . .

Why not turn the boat round?

- Nick

<hr width=100% size=1><font size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bluemoment.com>http://www.bluemoment.com</A></font size=1>

Visit site
For about two thirds of the tidal cycle my keel is stuck in the mud but even if I did turn around that would mean flood tide noise instead of ebb tide noise.

Also with a long keel I prefer to approach the pontoon moving forwards into the last of the flood tide.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Viking

Visit site
Then I think you've answered your own question. the 'collar' seem to be the answer, used only when your on board to stop 'fouling' build-up.
regards

<hr width=100% size=1>

Visit site
> the collar

Is this a product name that I can search for or do people make up their own?

I am currently thinking about 4 x sock covered thin fenders strung together or a line threaded through some large diameter pipe lagging.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jamesjermain

Visit site
There was a commercial floating wave break for this purpose, but i haven't seen it advertised for a while nor have I seen one in use.

However, I don't think it would need much of a barrier to do the trick. The answer might be to get a length of flexible pipe/hose, say 4in in diameter, stop the ends and attach it under the transom with lines to the toe rail.

<hr width=100% size=1>JJ

Rabbie

Visit site
Do what I did. Go to your nearest fire station and for a small donation to the Fire Benevolent Fund you will (I hope) be given a bit of old 4" canvas firehose. Cut it to length and stuff it with old foam bits. Bang in an eyelet at eachend and attach a bit of line. Adjust to waterline and sleep perfectly. Bliss for next to nothin.

<hr width=100% size=1>I believe we should all pay our mooring fees with a smile. I tried — but they wanted cash.

Visit site
I assume ropes from the forward end of the fender run upwards at 45 degrees and are then fastened to mid-ship sanctions.

<hr width=100% size=1>

malcp

Visit site
I was given an ad clip from one of the yachting magazines for "The Wave Muffler" marketed by Fair Clip Yachting in Cobham.
Tel:- 01932 - 862984.
fax:- 01932 - 865328

This is a 4 - 5m long inflatable tube which is curled around the water line under the counter and pulled in as tight as possible, using lines attached to the toe rail.

I've had no experience of how effective it is, but it looks as though it should work

<hr width=100% size=1>

ronniewood

Visit site
For the definitive solution look up 'slap silencer' on the google search engine. Should take you to the benetau owners net site and get you details.

We bought one four years ago and have slept soundly ever since. Can possibly get a similar result from the other ideas posted but this really works well. Option may be to get your local sailmaker to knock up a similar version.

If you want more details send a p.m.

<hr width=100% size=1>