Coronavirus and Greece

alexsailor

Visit site
Looking what people on sy are doing when anchoring and taking lines ashore in Fiskardo... I can just say: the virus is not strong enough...

ZigZaging

yachtzigzag.life
Looks like the Telegraph now operates on clickbait! – Greece considers second lockdown after tourists bring spike of cases July 12, 2020 What the Greek press actually says the government is considering Banning Summer festivals (most have already been cancelled by the municipalities in Kefalonia) Dealing with the Balkan problem at the land border (100% checks already in place and need for COVID test before entry Considering more testing at all borders (upto 100%) Local lockdowns in areas of high covid load (no change this has been happening for months) Increased inspections of compliance with covid protocols for businesses Constant vigilance and compliance with social distancing & covid protocols especially by locals! and tourists Constant monitoring of covid load in other countries (no change as the British know!) The Kefalonia Pulse

grumpygit

Visit site
We decided on returning to Greece to self quarantine and are doing so even though we were tested at Patras. But the news out of the village is business as usual.
Apparently the place (Epidavros) was heaving with Greeks, Taverna's packed, no masks and no social distancing. Still very few yachts about and hoping to be improving all be it slowly, though I am still not sure yet if I am going to make the effort to ready mine and launch this season.

ASW11

Visit site
Phew . . We've made the trip back to Greece. No problems with the journey but be sure to have the return email of the PLF. Passengers at Ancona were getting refused their boarding tickets if they could not produce the relevant information from the returned email.
Other than that all was just about the usual. Face mask wearing sporadic. Temperature taken at Ancona and an oral swab at Patras. Probably the quickest and easiest roll on roll off we've ever had.
Sounds like you had a good trip!?If you get the time, would there be any chance of a quick note re your route, where you stayed eg over night, issues to be aware of etc? We'd appreciate any info given that we are hoping to make the trip in the very near future

grumpygit

Visit site
Sounds like you had a good trip!?If you get the time, would there be any chance of a quick note re your route, where you stayed eg over night, issues to be aware of etc? We'd appreciate any info given that we are hoping to make the trip in the very near future

This time we did, the Chunnel, France Belgium, Luxembourg (fill up here 0.94€pl), France, Switzerland Italy. with only one stopover in Italy this time to because of the C19 risk.
Or if we do the P&O North Sea Ferry from Hull then it's Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, all ok routes to do.
People do tend to have their preferred routes so it's depending who you ask.
Hoping this helps.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
The Swedish direct flights to Greece promised for the 15 july has now been postponed for another week to 22 July (if then). Bad news for beach goers who take delight watching those long legged blue eyed blond girls walking around. Those visions that normally exist in dreams. But good news is that you can stop practicing the weary plea "No no no, not tonight again" for another week.

Edit. Just been confirmed officially. Flights from Sweden will be OK on July 22. I bit of anger though from folk in the far north of sweden which is a two day drive to the international airports. Cancelling so late the july 15 start date was cutting it fine considering the 24 hour submission of the PLF. Definitely political. Bad boy Sweden needed public punishment to defend and justify the EU and Greek heavy lockdown. I realise none of you are interested but I needed to moan about it. What difference a week except to make a political point. Sorry.

Last edited:

Davy_S

Visit site
If they can do it to the Swedes, they can to the Brits too. So far, Easyjet haven't cancelled!

They have cancelled the August 4th flight from Manchester to Kefalonia, they have simply removed it, or moved it to the 7th, i have been watching with interest because we have September flights booked.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
I remember when I was in usa and i was at the airport in philly waiting for my wife to join me. I had no idea what flight she was on and nobody would tell me for security reasons. Yet here we are with the Greeks collecting a Europe wide list in advance of who is flying on what and when. All this data about vulnerable people plus a massive list of empty houses plus dates. Telephone numbers etc. All nicely collected and stored in one place . As this PLF was set up quickly and the data base not too secure it must be a lucrative target for a hacker. Not bothered myself but I can't help comparing my request in philly to the request by Greece. I am also sure that this information has a future use to the Greek tourist industry so will not be destroyed. Just an observation. Of course it is not only the Greeks. UK is demanding info in advance I believe.

Tony Cross

Visit site
The Swedish direct flights to Greece promised for the 15 july has now been postponed for another week to 22 July (if then). Bad news for beach goers who take delight watching those long legged blue eyed blond girls walking around. Those visions that normally exist in dreams. But good news is that you can stop practicing the weary plea "No no no, not tonight again" for another week.

Edit. Just been confirmed officially. Flights from Sweden will be OK on July 22. I bit of anger though from folk in the far north of sweden which is a two day drive to the international airports. Cancelling so late the july 15 start date was cutting it fine considering the 24 hour submission of the PLF. Definitely political. Bad boy Sweden needed public punishment to defend and justify the EU and Greek heavy lockdown. I realise none of you are interested but I needed to moan about it. What difference a week except to make a political point. Sorry.
Moan all you like but up to June 30th Greece as a whole was regularly seeing many days go by with zero deaths and confirmed infections less than 10 a day, sometimes we had days with zero confirmed infections. That was because of the early and complete lockdown - which was a proper lockdown, not the fence-sitting farce in the UK. Now, after 1st July when tourists were readmitted, we're seeing 40, 50, 60 confirmed cases a day in the country. The 'health experts' here have apparently stated that the situation will become critical again when we reach 50 cases per day.......

nortada

Visit site
Greece is not alone. For reasons only known to the UK, Portugal is dangerous so travellers from a Covid clean Algarve have to go into 2 weeks quarantine on return to a dirty UK.

Fortunately, the Covid cock-up in England continues with neither Luton or Stansted collecting any details from passenger (including Portuguese) inbound from Faro but the deterrent to holidays in the Algarve is still there.

Wonder why❓Portugal thinks it knows, which is all rather embarrassing. What price a 700 + year treaty of friendship?

? But back to the immediate in England, are face masks to be mandatory or just a good idea❓ Hard decision that?

Rant over.

Cariadco

Visit site
Phew . . We've made the trip back to Greece. No problems with the journey but be sure to have the return email of the PLF. Passengers at Ancona were getting refused their boarding tickets if they could not produce the relevant information from the returned email.
Other than that all was just about the usual. Face mask wearing sporadic. Temperature taken at Ancona and an oral swab at Patras. Probably the quickest and easiest roll on roll off we've ever had.

We're the Italian Autostrada Services open, not just for Fuel but for food? Thanks.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Greece is not alone. For reasons only known to the UK, Portugal is dangerous so travellers from a Covid clean Algarve have to go into 2 weeks quarantine on return to a dirty UK.

Fortunately, the Covid cock-up in England continues with neither Luton or Stansted collecting any details from passenger (including Portuguese) inbound from Faro but the deterrent to holidays in the Algarve is still there.

Wonder why❓Portugal thinks it knows, which is all rather embarrassing. What price a 700 + year treaty of friendship?

? But back to the immediate in England, are face masks to be mandatory or just a good idea❓ Hard decision that?

Rant over.
I heard a funny scaled up analogy to the face mask. "Like using a chain link fence around a property to keep mosquitoes out" I think they are called memes.

Davy_S

Visit site
Looks like the Telegraph now operates on clickbait! – Greece considers second lockdown after tourists bring spike of cases July 12, 2020 What the Greek press actually says the government is considering Banning Summer festivals (most have already been cancelled by the municipalities in Kefalonia) Dealing with the Balkan problem at the land border (100% checks already in place and need for COVID test before entry Considering more testing at all borders (upto 100%) Local lockdowns in areas of high covid load (no change this has been happening for months) Increased inspections of compliance with covid protocols for businesses Constant vigilance and compliance with social distancing & covid protocols especially by locals! and tourists Constant monitoring of covid load in other countries (no change as the British know!) The Kefalonia Pulse
Covid Experts Raise Alarm As Cases in Greece Double in July | GreekReporter.com