Classic GRP Yachts; this is mine, where is yours?

dancrane

Visit site
....a perfect Classic

Always one of my favourites. Think I prefer the ketch, but always the aft cabin.

Rival%2041%20aft%20cabin_zps6uhkanok.jpg

Wansworth

Visit site
I withdraw my Kingfisher. Sturdy, seaworthy & typical of its time. But not even the fondest owner could call her elegant.
Thank you for the pictures, and keep them coming!
What is important is your relationship with your boat,even ugly boats have their own quality,beauty can be a bit predictable...

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Exactly. Almost all the boats featured here are pastiches of wooden boats which generally looked that way because of the characteristics of wood as a boat building material.

And none the worse for it!

As an example here's my 'previous' boat (which I haven't quite got round to selling yet:oops:), a Samphire 23:

P8050018.jpg

NealB

Visit site
Beautiful to look at but I would hate to look after it and maintain it because is wood. Give me a GRP Plastic Fantastic anytime.

I think you've possibly got your wires a bit crossed (but it might be me!).

I think Kukri was referring to the plastic Samphire, rather than the wooden Camper and Nic.

Last edited:

CoVianna

Visit site
Great looking boat, which make is she?

She is a Com Pac 23, an American designed and built boat. I don’t know if there is another 23 in the UK but I think there are a few 16s and 19s. They are very common across the pond but mine is a rare inboard diesel one (Yanmar) with additional teal trim etc.