Carrier wanted

anoccasionalyachtsman

Visit site
I couldn't find any to take over 1.2m mostly. I dare say if i managed to get an actual person to talk to it could be done. Those i did talk to didn't ring back with an offer to do the job. fingers crossed.
Just out of interest - where's it got to get to? One of us might have A Bright Idea. My Son was down there recently from Loughborough and would gladly have had a few quid off you for petrol.

Lightwave395

Visit site
I've tried Hermes a few times (gave them the benefit of doubt) , never again, they have a 70% disaster rate, consistently failed to pickup, they don't have a drop off on IOW, and cost me £250 delivering a Gori prop sold on ebay to wrong address. They showed me a squiggle on the receipt signature and that was it

Seajet

Visit site
Hermes are a whole new league of dreadful - we have had fragile packages thrown over the high garden wall for us to find much later, or don't turn up at all; a lot can't read English so disregard the sign saying ' for parcels please ring bell ' - how a switched on outfit like Amazon uses them is beyond me.

Tomaret

Visit site
Presumably most of the time Hermes (and Parcels2Go do their international stuff) must be OK but they lost kitchen equipment I was sending to Germany for repair and refused to discuss compensation for 8 weeks. Eventually I issued a money claim in the county court and of course they paid up. Will never knowingly use them again.

Did they turn up to collect today?

Seajet

Visit site
Despite my sign saying ' for parcels please ring bell ' the Hermes gremlin just left a parcel on our front door mat; it was stolen, fortunately ' only ' £40 worth - the driver photographed the parcel on the mat ' come and get contents for free ! ' which proves nothing, he could have put it down, photographed it then made away with it for all anyone knows - this is quite a good area and someone coming up our drive would be obvious, guess who has invested in CCTV after the horse has bolted.

NotBirdseye

Visit site
Allow me to jump on the bandwagon...

Hermes are not a company that you want to use unless there are no alternatives. It is very hit and miss with Hermes... to put it into sailing terms... it's like making your yacht out of paper. Sure, it's possible but you've got a distinct risk of sinking... if not the first time then the second time.

fisherman

Visit site
Well I admit defeat and bow to all your superior knowledge. Hermes, after two emails to the CEO in Germany finally admitted they couldn't pick it up, even though todays phone call told me thay had tried today, which they hadn't. Emails bounce back, phone calls get a computer-generic lie. All others either refuse the length, 300cm, or ask for loadsamoney.
Unless anyone happens to be going from Chelmsford to Maidenhead-ish anytime, where my bro is, I'm stuffed.
I am planning to visit him soon lockdown permitting, so could whizz round the M25 and pick up myself.

alan_d

Visit site
For what it is worth, I just had 2 fence posts 2.4 metres x 100mm delivered to central Scotland from Essex, and the seller charged me £12.99 for delivery. They came by DX.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
I refer you to post 12! Under £25 unless it's stupidly heavy.
Looks like the business:

wYL7mh3.png