Can you tell me what this boat is? baja???

richie1180

Visit site
$_86 (2).jpg$_86 (1).JPG

Hi Guys, I have just looked at this boat but I don't think it's what it says on the tin! it's advertised as a Baja and has 235 on the side, but when googling Baja 235 none look the same as this, this one has a rounded windscreen and none on google do!! does anyone know if this boat is a baja or what from the pictures! I have never seen one the same as this before so any help would be great so I know what I am buying!

richie1180

Visit site
I am struggling to find anything with the step up to the rear of the screen and with the same shaped transom, I don't know why its saying i'm a new user I joined years ago but i have not been on here in a while!! are my pictures showing up ok? thank you,

richie1180

Visit site
transom looks like a miriah 235 but windscreen look like a fourwinns I don't think its a cut and shut!!!

the drivers side screen is broken so unless I can identify the boat a replacement will be hard to find!! it's glass not plastic so a good quality boat!!

Last edited:

Spi D

Visit site
If you can get the HIN (number on the transom outside) you can look up the manufacturer, model, year and serial.

hull_identification_number.jpg

richie1180

Visit site
thanks guys, I have emailed him to ask, i wont get a picture because he sent me some the other day and I couldn't see them properly on my email!! but have asked him for the HID, where do I input the HID to get the info off it or does it state the make/model where abc is?

richie1180

Visit site
motorboot-motorboot-galaxy-311021-laser-235-mit-mercruiser-mcm-57-motor-57455edade628.jpg
Found this it looks the same apart from the screen it's a galaxy 235 and the cuddy doors etc all look the same as the one I looked at so I think it's one of these!
Now the question is are galaxy's any good???

Freebee

Visit site
View attachment 59427View attachment 59426

Hi Guys, I have just looked at this boat but I don't think it's what it says on the tin! it's advertised as a Baja and has 235 on the side, but when googling Baja 235 none look the same as this, this one has a rounded windscreen and none on google do!! does anyone know if this boat is a baja or what from the pictures! I have never seen one the same as this before so any help would be great so I know what I am buying!

Your not the Rick who is trying to sell this are you???

Spi D

Visit site
It happens that sellers open threads about something just to expose their item for sale.

If you are not, then don't be offended.

richie1180

Visit site
Oh you'd have to be pretty sad to do that!! well I'm still waiting for the HID he says it's a bajan infinity 235 but google does not see, to have anything like this with that name!

Spi D

Visit site
There is a tendency to name types after one of the major brands - eg. all planing speedboats called 'Bayliner' og 4x4 cars called 'Jeep'

The HIN will show. If the seller does not have insight on the make and model you might get the idear that the same is valid for other aspects of his boat ownership. Ask about previous use, engine maintenance history, performance and consumption and you'll get the picture.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Oh you'd have to be pretty sad to do that!! well I'm still waiting for the HID he says it's a bajan infinity 235 but google does not see, to have anything like this with that name!

I don't think there's ever been an Baja Infinity - but how about a Baja Islander? Although not exactly the same, the pics you've posted do have a lot of styling cues in common with something like this:

main.jpg