Brighton based live aboard looking for someone to help me take the boat out.

louisderry

Visit site
Hello all I'm a Brighton based live aboard looking for someone to help me take the boat out.
I've been working on the boat for the past 5 months and i'm now looking for someone confident enough to help me get my Jaguar 27 out for the first time. Anyone out there ? :)

Tranona

Visit site
What sort of help do you need? Presumably you are using a boatyard crane or hoist, then just take it to the slip and let them do it.

louisderry

Visit site
Ah sorry let me explain a bit more - my boats currently In shoreham port but I'm wanting someone with sailing expierence and a bit of engine knowledge to help me take it out for the first time on the engine.

Tranona

Visit site
Sorry for misunderstanding - but this time of year "taking out" usually means out of the water for the winter! You might consider booking a professional instructor for the day rather than rely on an enthusiastic helper. That way you can get some formal instruction on how to use your boat. Could be money well spent.

louisderry

Visit site
Hi a while ago I did come across hiring someone for the day - it just seemed so expensive. another worrie was they would turn up and the boat may not be ready.

Tranona

Visit site
Hi a while ago I did come across hiring someone for the day - it just seemed so expensive. another worrie was they would turn up and the boat may not be ready.

Depends on what you call expensive. If you are unsure about whether your boat is fit to go to sea, and whether you are capable of taking it, professional help could be a bargain.

louisderry

Visit site
Hey Laurie sounds amazing where are you based I've got a load of jaguar 27 questions I can bombard you with ethier way haha!