Bought a Never splashed Colvic Countess 33 on eBay, Looking for infos

steve yates

Visit site
My longbow stopped sailing and came out of the water about about 4 months after Greg bought his boat. I’ve hardly scratched the surface on it, almost4 years later, for a variety of reasons. I have done my other small boat in the meantime, mainly as practice for this. but fettling boats does seem to be a very slow process!

Tranona

Visit site
Indeed. My refit is almost a full time job. Yesterday was only about the 5th day in the last 4 months when I did nothing boat related - cut the lawn instead!

V1701

Visit site
My Colvic Watson 34's hull was moulded in the late '70's & changed hands twice before being fitted out full time by a retired engineer between 2007 & 2011 when she was finally first splashed. Sooner him than me, he did a great job...:)

Steve_N

Visit site
It looks like this particular story is over; 'Oddity' has changed hands and been sold to a new owner who posted today on the FB Owner's group.
First picture is from this thread, second picture is from FB today.

Attachments

• AABvbqjh.jpg
    AABvbqjh.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 209
  • cc33.JPG
    cc33.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
What a surprise although I hope the two of them are OK and it was just the realisation that the project and their (Gregs) ideas and aspirations were unachievable.

Minerva

Visit site
These sort of projects, should in theory get easier. Through work I’ve seen a rather remarkable 3d LiDAR scan of the inside of a building - it maps out with quite incredible accuracy the 3d model of the interior or a shell.

Combine that technology with some 3d cad work to design the interior and send the cutting files off to a cnc cutting shop and you’d be able to put together a perfectly fitted, custom interior ikea style.

I think it would be jolly fun project to take on if I weren’t full time working with family commitments on top.

Spyro

Visit site
The ideas were ludicrous and never achievable but there was only one person ever that they were. Sadly he wouldn’t listen to good advice and was just a dreamer. Hope the new owner can make something of her.

Keith 66

Visit site
Do tell.. I imagine wood?
A 28ft fast motor launch built by Saunders in 1905, derelict for 30 years on Benfleet creek until 86 when we dug her out of a muddy grave. Has had a total rebuild, as often happens life got in the way, getting married, work, other boats, house extension, kid, etc etc. Retired 2 years ago & its full ahead now. Im now 61 & no excuse not to get it done now!