Bit quiet here so here's a silly whereisit?

tillergirl

Visit site
Bit quiet here so here\'s a silly whereisit?

Really silly but I like the light of the sun on the water

ThamesEstuary.jpg

Some clues are necessary.

1. It's the Thames Estuary
2. The camera is facing pretty much due south, maybe 190 at most.
3. I'm over sand
4. The ship to the left is hiding a port hand mark.
5. Oh, and it's low water neaps!

PS. 5 is a red herring! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CPD

Visit site
Re: Bit quiet here so here\'s a silly whereisit?

Is it in the Thames Estuary, perhaps facing south ??? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site

The towering cliffs and tall buildings are a give away /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The ship on the left looks like a Dart Ferry that comes up the Thames so perhaps he is in Black Deep which puts you over the Sunk Sand heading for Foulgers Gat.

That may be a guess
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tillergirl

Visit site

Very good.

Let me call your bluff. It's 13.29.41 on 3rd October, 2006!

I'm on the edge of the Sunk Sand about to head north to the Sunk Beacon; one ship has come up Fisherman's Gat and turned into the Black Deep - the dredger, the other is just exiting the Gat and turning into the Black Deep - hence hiding the Inner Fisherman. The other ship appeared to hang back in the Black Deep before turning into the Gat to head South.

MoodySabre

Visit site

Close enough for a winning pint though - one each for me and Flipper, not halves. I was warned that you can drunk on halves /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tillergirl

Visit site

OK very good - Green Man, one lunch time next year!

So how about this?

101-0130_IMG.jpg

And approximate position of this?!!

Page31LobsterPotattheNaze.jpg

tillergirl

Visit site

1. No
2. Yes - I knew a picture of a tethered 5 litre plastic can was too easy! I thought the colour of the water might fool people!

tillergirl

Visit site

No, no, no - the clues are there. I find the lobster pots off Clacton to be superior to those off the Naze and have a one foot bamboo for easy spotting. I always assumed that was because the potters off Clacton live at Frinton.

MoodySabre

Visit site

Ok try harder. There appears to be a stone pillar showing now I look more carefully. And walkways higher up - so Tower Bridge?

There are some proper pot markers off Clacton but also some 4 pint milk containers. Somebody told me that they make them hard to see so that that don't get raided!

MoodySabre

Visit site

I haven't had lunch yet /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but I have had a lovely walk this morning along the cinder path from Leigh to Chalkwell and back. Gorgeous day. Tide just on the ebb - loads of birds feeding on the waters edge including an egret and 4000 Brent geese. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Not many boats left in though - the coast always looks a bit naked this time of year.

tillergirl

Visit site

Up to TG tomorrow to check her winter berth moorings have settled ok and to service the engine for the winter. But, I've done all I can to put off top dressing the front lawn, so I better get out there before the sun goes.

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com

MoodyS

If i had know you were a wandering i might have joined you for the stroll and perhaps a beverage instead of counting every leaf in my garden and then packing them neatly into the 31 bags that now clutter the side of the house awaiting the once fornightly collection. Have to be careful the bio degradable bags dont rot away before they collect or i may end up having to count them all again to make sure i have got the all.

MoodySabre

Visit site

Are you in Leigh? - I am but yards from the sea - at HW! A pint outside the Crooked Billet on a day like this would be very pleasant.

We have a small garden - no grass to cut and very few leaves - when it was windy yesterday my wife thought it would be good because the leaves would end up next door! Very neighbourly /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site

My turn.
Some clues: My boat Sabre in the middle is on a buoy as are the two fishing boats on the far right. The rest are at anchor. It was low water around midday and it took us 6 hours to get there from Bradwell and we passed no lobster pots.
090607.jpg