Bit quiet here so here's a silly whereisit?

MoodySabre

Visit site
Re: Bit quiet here so here\'s a silly whereisit?

No I don't remember it - there were about 20 boats in the Ray that day. We arrived Friday evening and picked up one of the few free buoys out there. Just looked at your profile Dave and see why you should know a Ray day. Can see IYC from my house. Was that photo taken heading towards Leigh? It was a lovely day - swam off the boat for the only time this year.

alldownwind

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Doomed because no longer needed due to something else? New Sunk roundabout thing perhaps. How about NE Gunfleet buoy?

[/ QUOTE ]
Doomed because being replaced with something else. Think further SW.......

tillergirl

Visit site

Now that's showing off - moving water and.... spray! Like it!

100-0015_IMG.jpg

Who needs to go to the Med?

tillergirl

Visit site

Further SW - Umm

Barrow Nos 3
Black Deep No 5

I'd plumb for Barrow No3 except that's in 10 metres +

alldownwind

Visit site

Moodysabre has got closer. He went past the thing on his way to the Ray Gut, come on......

alldownwind

Visit site

Yeeess!
Pic taken last July in a NE5-6 ............according to the forecast!
Buoy is being changed (and moved slightly SW) to a starboard-hand buoy, Q.G.Bell.
Shame really, I quite liked this buoy, it kind of marks the start of The Other Side for us when we're coming over your way.

beancounter

Visit site

Isn't playing "Name that buoy" getting a tad anorak-ish? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(I'm just jealous really, 'cos I haven't been able to identify any of the pictures... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

MoodySabre

Visit site

Better than threads that are a bit anchorish /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Get back to work /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tillergirl

Visit site

Not at all. Now this is anorak-ish.

Did you know that if you drew a line from the Sunk Beacon to the Cant Beacon, it would pass over the site of the former SW Sunk Beacon. And if you drew a line from the South Girdler to the Long Sand Beacon it would pass through the NW Long Sand Beacon. And if you drew a line from the Buxey Beacon to the former SW Sunk Beacon, it almost passes through the Whitaker.

Now that's anorakish.

It's going to be a long winter. I don't find enough things to do on a wooden boat. Do you think if I bought a glass one, I'd have more to do?

tillergirl

Visit site

Hmm very nice. I'm afraid I decided 10 years ago TG's teak deck had to go if she was to survive. Whilst I regret it at one level, the removal of constant deck issues has been a bonus.

muckypup

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't playing "Name that buoy" getting a tad anorak-ish? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone name this wave? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CIMG0839.jpg

(You can't really tell here, but the top of that was actually level with the top of the flybridge of a Squadron 57!)

beancounter

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Get back to work /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrumph.

Listen, matey - those of us who are still wage slaves are keeping the pension pot topped up so you retired types can keep drawing it out. Just leave some for us, will you?.. Grrrr.

Sorry.

Currently suffering from a surfeit of auditors and a deficit of boaty things /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

muckypup

Visit site

Quite correct... I get bigger waves in the bath tub out of my son than on the east coast /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

muckypup

Visit site

Not sure exactly what SWMBO was saying, but it sounded more like 'pass the bucket' /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif