Bit quiet here so here's a silly whereisit?

muckypup

Visit site
Re: Bit quiet here so here\'s a silly whereisit?

[ QUOTE ]
Back to muckypup - Opale Coast somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think further west.....

muckypup

Visit site

Yup - It's the mouth of the river Tawe. The long sea wall can be seen on the left.

Obviously not silly enough.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S.

T_S

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to be the same story with the 22's. The first built was No.10, which is a yellow coloured hull and moored between the Blackwater SC and the lock at Heybridge. My yard number was 108, but number on the sail is 95.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I saw that boat last November when I delivered my Seal 22 to her new owner at BW/SC

T_S

Visit site

I have met Ambers new owner, nice chap and very enthusiastic about the boat, he recently came round to me at Canvey to take photo's of Tadpoles electric keel winch.

Amber now has gone fully electric /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tadpole was one of the few built at Island Marine.

Do you recognise this photo Larry?

ianc1200

Visit site

"My yard number was 108, but number on the sail is 95."

Copied the A26 part of this thread onto the A22 mailing list, the previous owner of Sea Moon replied SM has the wrong number because there was another boat in his club with that number, it was 1995, , so Sea Moon got a sail number of 95. Solves that query.

IanC

T_S

Visit site

Ahh! reminds me of the Baker built Seal 22's, I owned one that had a hull No of 249. Turned out that there were two of them, but alas there was no 250! Problem solved after it got pointed out! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

ex-Gladys

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
I have met Ambers new owner, nice chap and very enthusiastic about the boat, he recently came round to me at Canvey to take photo's of Tadpoles electric keel winch.

Amber now has gone fully electric /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tadpole was one of the few built at Island Marine.

Do you recognise this photo Larry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that was in the "pack" that came with Amber. Original owner was from Heybridge, and that's his wife. They had to give up sailing in about 94 when her eyesight had deteriorated - in fact her original sails were tan to help in that respect.

Jim is a wuss to have replaced the hydraulics... I always thought 300 pumps was good exercise! I heard though that he had had skeg problems this summer that required fairly serious treatment at Priors.

There's another one we saw a couple of times from Wivenhoe called Plover. Tried to get in touch through Wivenhoe SC, but never got anywhere.