Best way to sell a boat....Fairline Targa 47

Whitelighter

Visit site
Thankyou - hadn't thought of this! Not very good , made in Word ! www.live2play.co.uk - Forgot my warranty was in the £100k and Ive lost a few invoices but not bad for a first attempt ever at a website :)

If you don't have any joy over the weekend try wix- free to use for non commercial sites and is all drag and drop web interface.

Works really well and produces a slick website. Good luck with the boat buying mission ;)

Omegaelite

Visit site
Some serious upgrades there, didn't you shop around before you commissioned the work?

With so many things to do i could only shop around at the highest level without using too many suppliers....rk quoted loads more to do the bits that motive did, and that bit was easier while it was at home berth....

Having moves the boat to rk marine, and with the bridge being a pain in the backside and me short of time it was easier to have them project manage the upgrades....

Not always about cost for me , a mixture of comvinience and quality take presidence

Suicidalalpackas

Visit site
Looking to sell our Fairline Targa 47 and looking for the best way to sell a boat.

Ive spoken to some people who say put it with a broker, but most are useless. They write crap details, awful pictures and really don't sell the boat well for what they are paid. They last two boats Id tried to buy through brokers, they hadn't even seen and both at survey failed miserably, despite a "glowing" pitiful sales article. Also having spent £100k on it this year, and will be taking a £50k+ hit , I'm loath to then let a broker take another £10-20k on top of that......

So, I written an Add. Very detailed. Taken video & pictures from the jetski, and via drone. But were do I advertise it?

As a private seller are you able to advertise on the main 3? yachtworld, the yacht market and boatshop24? I could find out on them how to even advertise, so is this a broker exclusive club?

Ebay maybe? Has anybody tried this?

Are there any other places to sell a boat that work?

If I can find a way think I want to private sale it over the summer and if this fails then Ill have to put it with a broker......

If you do put it on with a broker, I would recommend boatshed. They take lots of pictures of your boat and they give a good description of your boat. We sold our targa 33 within 2 weeks of it being put on

Other threads that may be of interest