Best boat names

johnalison

Visit site
The trouble with a joke name is that you may have to live with it for several years. Just keep thinking, and when you hit the right one you will know immediately.

BelleSerene

Visit site
My Kingfisher is called seal.Translates to 'phoque' in French. How would 'fok fok fok' sound over the airwaves?

It'd have any French crew scrambling for the jib sheet. (Le foc is the jib.)

When my genny halyard snapped at the masthead in mid-channel last summer, I needed to replace it when we reached Honfleur. Genoa halyard = la drisse de foc. Or la fokking drisse, as I preferred to call it that day.

telford_mike

Visit site
"Can't ski" made me smile. Fiscardo if I remember correctly.

6.jpg

MASH

N/A
Visit site
Anyone would think that lots of people really don't like their boats, saddling them with names like these. Or else want every passer-by to snigger and mutter, "What a prat".

stevd

Visit site
Anyone would think that lots of people really don't like their boats, saddling them with names like these. Or else want every passer-by to snigger and mutter, "What a prat".

Why wouldn't you like your boat because of the name you give it. Parents give their children unusual names, does that mean they don't like them.

I also think that people that give their boats names with a little humour don't really care if some one is sniggering....I feel sorry for the person that is being like that. If however it makes someone smile and brightens their day a little, then it is doing no harm.