Beneteau Antares 8.80

romans8

Visit site
Hull colour

I agree with Quest both boats look good in either White or Blue Hull - on Sunday we were sitting on our Antares 8.80 and a local dealer wanted to show his client our rear cover and he brought round his customer in the latest 8.80 with a Blue hull - both looked good - colour is very much a personal choice.
My advice is fender up well!
We also use a wash and wax to keep the boat clean - works well - Also WOODY WAX is good easy to use with the ultra pine wash and the non-skid Deck Wax.
I always flush the engine with fresh water every time out - only takes 5 mins.

fi3

Visit site
Blue Hull..

Thanks for both feedbacks and tips. Clearly, some level of maintenance is needed no matter what colour the hull is. I've been told there's a slight wait (2/3 months) to get the blue hull, but I'm happy to wait. :)

fi3

Visit site
Yacht A

Don't mean to digress but wanted to share this. Was in St. Tropez in October and saw the super yacht (A). Apparently costs in the region of $300m, and owned by 40yr old russian Billionaire - Andrey Melnichenko. It was an awesome sight - never seen anything like it! I have attached some photos.. (appeared I was being filmed by security on the yacht when I was taking the photos :D)

Designed by Phillipe Starck. You can read more about it online. Google 'Yacht A' or go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_(yacht).

Last edited:

mateyboy

Visit site
I've been very interested in this thread and wondered what fuel burn would be on this suzi 300 engine at displacement speeds on both sea and inland waterways.

fi3

Visit site
Yacht A

LoL! I'll take this in any colour! As a matter of fact, even the service boat tucked away in the corner is good enough :)

romans8

Visit site
Fuel test

Hi Mateyboy
I will be going out for a fast sea trip either this weekend or next so I will see if I can supply some figures on fuel at speeds of 15 - 20 knots.

romans8

Visit site
Slow speeds

Mateyboy
I used the boat on a Hamble river trip last weekend at 5- 6 knots - half hour each way on full tide - so it was slack and we used about 5.20 litres.

mateyboy

Visit site
Mateyboy,
Do posts 40 and 45 answer your questions or not?

No but 69 does as I was thinking the displacement speed of a 28' boat around 7 kts so at 5.5-7 lph?? makes for pretty cheap and clean running with the ability to have blast if required. Not to mention internal space being an outboard.

mateyboy

Visit site
I was thinking of trailering it anywhere but 28 ft odd is pushing the limits a tad. At 2800 kgt heres room for a 400 kg trailer, 150 kg's of morrisons unleaded and 100-150 kg's worth of kit etc. My Landrover 130 should pull it ok as well.
Just a thought though.

Quest

Visit site
I was thinking of trailering it anywhere but 28 ft odd is pushing the limits a tad. At 2800 kgt heres room for a 400 kg trailer, 150 kg's of morrisons unleaded and 100-150 kg's worth of kit etc. My Landrover 130 should pull it ok as well.
Just a thought though.

I trailed my previous boat and enjoyed the freedom to move about, and for a time I was contemplating towing the max size boat I could trail. I decided eventually that for me considering some of the roads I would use, even a 780 was impractical, even if it was legal. An 880 is a big step up again. Some on this forum do tow some big boats around but I would caution against towing an 880 personally. Instinctively, I don't think the package will stay under 3500 kg surely a twin axle trailer to tow it would be more like 800kg than 400 kg wouldn't it? And iirc a full fuel tank would weigh closer to 300kg would it not?

Hate to be the negative influence, but it does sound a bit big and heavy as a trail boat IMHO.

Feel free to check my figures out for accuracy.

mateyboy

Visit site
I think you're right regarding the size & weight and in all honesty even used it would be above my justifiable budget but that engine on a slightly smaller boat would be fun and cheap to run IMHO .

romans8

Visit site
Full years review - Beneteau Antares 8.80 Suzuki Outboard

I am compiling a Years report on my Seasons use of my Antares 8.80 with a Suzuki 300HP outboard with fuel consumption details and sumary of how the boat has performed - available on request.

beejay190

Visit site
I am compiling a Years report on my Seasons use of my Antares 8.80 with a Suzuki 300HP outboard with fuel consumption details and sumary of how the boat has performed - available on request.

Hi Romans8
I have just been catching up on this Post, all very interesting. What do you reckon is the range of your boat assuming 22/23 knot cruise in F3/F4, smooth or slight and just 2 on board? How much is the annual service?
Will PM my email address and would be pleased to receive a copy of your report.
Thanks.

BJ