Beneteau Antares 8.80

Hugin

Visit site
Looking at center cabin cruisers up to 3,5t - both inboard and outboard - I would greatly appreciate a little advice regarding the practical aspects of Antares 8.80's deck plan. I'm eyeing mostly summer use in Scandinavia, so both indoor and outdoor need to work out.

- How many people can realistically sit around the table in the cabin for a meal?
- Is the galley in practice usable to prepare meals for, say, 4-5-6 people?
- The benches in the aft cockpit appear quite shallow. Approx. how deep are the seats?
- Are the two small "platforms" each side of the engine(s) any good as "bathing platforms"?
- What's the highest number of crew/guests for a day-trip (sea picnic) that in your experience is practicable?

Thanks in advance

Danfarry

Visit site
To answer your questions;

1 - 4 comfortably
2 - not really, two small gas burners
3 - I thought they looked small but with the cushions on are very comfy
4 - no idea, the boat is in North Wales and I bought it in November!
5 - the most I've had aboard was six and that was fine. Plenty of room if some are inside and some outside.

It is at the end of the day a sub 9m boat. What it does have which really appealed to me are two large double beds that aren't converted from the saloon seating. We can get the kids in bed, have our bed made up and also have a useful saloon, as well as the outside seating if the weather is nice.

I also wanted a pilot house. Since I bought the boat it has been out every week.